Got a Game Gear! (GG Deserves some Luv)

Talk about Sega's other Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Maztr_0n
fire

Got a Game Gear! (GG Deserves some Luv)

Post#1 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:18 pm

i got my hands on a for parts game gear for relatively cheap, thinking i'll recap it today or on the weekend, system seems damn underrated. kinda felt weird that SEGA started to cut the brakes in the west around 95-96 before being discontinued in 97, it desperately needed a "Pocket" revision like the game boy and more support later in life [am i the only one who noticed that more mature oriented titles for gb/gbc came out after 97? MGS, GTA, Resident Evil Gaiden, Beavis and Butthead GB]

i have a small collection of carts, nothing too amazing or groundbreaking but some stuff, if i can get it to work i'll post pictures, and i've probably looked this up a lot but put games you thought were great on it here!
||| She/It ||| Another 365 days to completely waste..! |||

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Got a Game Gear! (GG Deserves some Luv)

Post#2 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:26 pm

Always the handhelds the portables I never liked but there was my Game Gear

I had it with a briefcase even for my lil carts. Apparently Sonic Drift 1 is Japan-exclusive but I swore I had the duo the both Drifts this was back when all of our game shopping was in ToysRUs

I recall one of the weekend vacations in my fam friend's farm being attached to the wall with my precious Deep Duck Trouble that I saw through! And the Mickey Mouse Illusions games cherished also, today I've access to Master System versions ala Everdrive for the Model 1 setup and been such a blast on CRT in HDRV component

Maztr_0n
fire

Re: Got a Game Gear! (GG Deserves some Luv)

Post#3 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:32 pm

by the way, yeah i failed the soldering work, so i had to abandon the project, maybe someday i'll buy a service to fix it, but yeah it wasnt a huge loss anyways, got it for really really cheap! I just remember playing master system at my grandpas house a few years ago and i loved it!
||| She/It ||| Another 365 days to completely waste..! |||