OPINION: List what the must have Genesis games

Talk about Sega's other Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Wesker
dark night

Re: OPINION: List what the must have Genesis games

Post#11 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:50 pm

dubcity wrote:Wikipedia says the Sega Genesis library has a total of 713 games.

It's 876 games overall. I assume the 713 games were the ones released in an specific territory which I suppose it's North America, the one which received the most releases.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#12 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:19 pm

Wesker wrote:

It's 876 games overall. I assume the 713 games were the ones released in an specific territory which I suppose it's North America, the one which received the most releases.

damn where did the other 153 games come from? are they region specific?

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#13 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:33 pm

Wesker wrote:

You're not including oddities such as the French specific SECAM release of Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine are you? Never understood that release haha

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:40 pm

Guess you are forgetting all the new releases the last 10 years some better then in it's hey day.. also got unlicensed games from EA and other people.. one i put up there is star control :).. I pretty much forget any of the arcade ports on it but from sega to the machine.. much better versions.. Lot of the Amiga ports are not as good as the amiga like road rash an amiga game etc..

FuzzyFish
minority

Post#15 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:26 pm

One game I rarely hear mentioned is Decap Attack. It's a solid and fun side scroller, exclusive to the system. It was completely overshadowed by the hype and release of Sonic, but it is a solid Genesis exclusive title, that clearly bridges the 8-bit to 16-bit eras.
4x4 Evolution Revival Project
http://www.4x4evolution.net

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#16 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:29 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Guess you are forgetting all the new releases the last 10 years some better then in it's hey day.. also got unlicensed games from EA and other people.. one i put up there is star control :).. I pretty much forget any of the arcade ports on it but from sega to the machine.. much better versions.. Lot of the Amiga ports are not as good as the amiga like road rash an amiga game etc..

I don't know much about the new releases. I'll have to google it. I know xenocrisis and tanglewood but thats about it.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#17 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:32 pm

All the new DC CrossPlay releases! Xeno Crisis & FX Unit Yuki

Wesker
dark night

Post#18 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:40 pm

Roareye wrote:
Wesker wrote:

You're not including oddities such as the French specific SECAM release of Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine are you? Never understood that release haha

Nope. All standalone games and not different variations. You can watch them all here:

It summarizes 869 games though. I suppose the 876 games information (which actually comes from Wikipedia itself, check it out) is accounting some unlicensed games the VGL video doesn't.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#19 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:53 pm

You can add this for a start but there is about 30 new games over the last 10 years

Ton of new games no joke

I think just as official as any other since EA did this and others with no license from sega.. and there counting those on the old lists..

willis
letterbomb

Post#20 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:06 am

Ha! I'm surprised that game even came out Ian! It had been in limbo for quite a few years.

So I guess I'll add in the Streets of Rage series to this. (All 3 of them)