Trouble with burned games on the Saturn (SOLVED)

Talk about Sega's other Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Re: Trouble with burned games on the Saturn

Post#21 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:45 pm

SomeGuyWithASega wrote:...

Wow, this thread got out of control. I hope krssn realizes that arguing about the swap trick not doing any amount of damage to the motor isn't helping me in the slightest.

mr_everdread wrote:Y'all seen this?

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=5088666

Oh yeah, I've heard about him. Maybe his breakthroughs in the Saturn community will help the console become more accessible to newcomers.

@itsstillthinking1999: I just need to do the swap trick until I get an Action Replay cart. I'm pretty careful not to damage the spindle, laser or motor (whatever part gets hurt in the process) when doing it, and the particular method I use is the easiest and probably damages it the least, since you only swap once and don't have to have pin-point timing and precision.

Cant wait for you to get the action replay so you can enjoy all the amazing Saturn games! Sorry this thread got out of control but the Power of the Saturn will do that to people ;)

krssn
Metallic

Post#22 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:56 pm

itsthinkingstill wrote:wow everyone lets calm down, where talking about a cd drive here :) The point is that is for the best interest in your Saturn its probably not a good idea to do the swap trick. And even then Presudo Saturn is you best bet anyway

Worst that can happen is the spindle being pressed down too much from putting pressure on it when you put a disc in.

The disc won't click on right and / or it'll be too close to the lens.

It's a simple fix though. You just lift the spindle again to the right hight.

SomeGuyWithASega wrote:Wow, this thread got out of control. I hope krssn realizes that arguing about the swap trick not doing any amount of damage isn't helping me in the slightest.

Spreading misinformation doesn't help anybody.

It should've ended with that one post correcting Xiden.

SomeGuyWithASega
photon blast

Post#23 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:10 pm

itsthinkingstill wrote:Cant wait for you to get the action replay so you can enjoy all the amazing Saturn games! Sorry this thread got out of control but the Power of the Saturn will do that to people ;)

Can't wait either, but I'll probably have to. In the meantime, I'll be careful with my precious Saturn :)

One of the teachers at my school turns his classroom into a gaming hangout room every Friday that I always look forward to going to. Right now he has a Wii, Switch and an Xbox 360 that are hooked up to 3 separate TVs, but people can bring in their own stuff like laptops, phones and a portable game system (and if possible, another home system). I'm always the guy that brings Sega consoles to give the place more console diversity (because it's all Nintendo and Call of Duty otherwise). Sometimes people come up to the "Sega booth" and want to hook up the Xbox instead to play CoD though... :roll:

Whatever, I'm just trying to introduce the other kids to the world of Sega games. Can't wait to bring the Saturn there! (Fighters Megamix might be a good time 8-))

SomeGuyWithASega
photon blast

Post#24 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:17 pm

krssn wrote:Spreading misinformation doesn't help anybody.

It should've ended with that one post correcting Xiden.

M'kay, let's just make sure it doesn't start again.

SomeGuyWithASega
photon blast

Post#25 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:16 pm

So, someone on the SS:UK forums suggested that I tweak the laser by adjusting an orange screw in the back of the assembly. Did that, and it didn't do anything to make my burned discs work better.

I'll try burning with the CloneCD program using Verbatim CDs this time. The employees at Dollarama were scouring for any Verbatim CDs around the store. Guess I'll have to use them wisely! :lol:

SomeGuyWithASega
photon blast

Post#26 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:18 pm

Argh! It's still not working. I've tried re-calibrating the laser and everything. I might have to use a different burner.

Xiden
Developer

Post#27 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:52 am

That's a bummer, know anyone else with a cd burner that you could use? At least you could rule out if its your burner. You did try img burn at 16X?

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#28 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:14 am

i would spring for TY blanks.. they are superior to everything else on the market...

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#29 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:03 am

Any brand iv ever tried has worked for me when burning at low speeds, Saturn's rarely die

SomeGuyWithASega
photon blast

Post#30 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:10 pm

Xiden wrote:That's a bummer, know anyone else with a cd burner that you could use? At least you could rule out if its your burner. You did try img burn at 16X?

Yes, a friend that has a CD burner is willing to help. I'll come over to his house sometime to try it again.

@HuntrRose: I'm sure they are, but they are pricey.