Sony Downsizes By 90%

Talk about PlayStation Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Re: Sony Downsizes By 90%

Post#91 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:42 pm

After his confused look, I said...so you dedicated your life and went to college for 8 years, while I enjoyed my life, you have a degree but are in $300,000 debt, I know damn near what you know without a degree and I have thousands in my bank, and will, even though you'll make more than $25,000 than me a year but it'll take you 7 years just to break even IF you are still working there, and I'll be able to spend money yet I don't know about business huh ? Interesting. LOL.

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#92 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Since you're curious about how those loans take tolls on countries, I'd recommend reading Confessions of an Economic Hitman. It deals with something similar to giving those massive loans to countries that can't pay them back. The intent is pretty much to just bankrupt the countries. I can't recall much about the reasoning behind it, but I think you'd enjoy it.

My focus is marketing, so I didn't get a whole lot on macroeconomic finance stuff like that.

Barrys_Bapz
killer

Post#93 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:23 pm

The Dreamcast had something totally different to offer upon its release so it was coming into the marketplace at a respectively low price compared to PC's with FX/Graphics, it was at all the different beast and held itself up to PC and PS1 & N64.

I really respect Sony and I think just like a fighter Sony put up a good fight and fair play videogames were always going into the direction of cinematic experiences the PS2 only capitalised on that. but that definitely raised the bar for Sega and Nintendo to make some of the best games ever without Sony pushing from every angle we would not have seen the passion for these companies to just survive the storm.

Microsoft have a bottomless pit of money and with software and hardware sales they are a company I have very little respect for clean shirts and squeakyclean corporation feel I don't know about you guys but I get weirder and creepy feeling about Microsoft.

I was reading somewhere that as soon as Nintendo tried to screw over Sony the boss reacted the way of a samurai although sceptical about the gameing market and hesitant he give the go-ahead and toppled the gaming industry with the PS1, Nintendo and Sega reacted with some of the best games ever as a way of fighting off the threat of Sonys juggernaut although holding off for the late 90s Microsoft swoops in at a convenient time when Sega is down on its luck and commissions ports at slave labour costs and establishes a firm foot in the race that is the console war of 2000's it gets pretty deep and PS2 is fighting a bigger more vicious enemy the only way Sony knows how to react is buy releasing law defining hardware that will cost the company billions but hopefully gamers and developers adopt this unfortunately that isn't the way it went, Microsoft got there first with very PC spec developers from the PC would have an easy time coding and graphic engines would have been established well before lunch, Sony was just too late games did not doubt the free online and ports where always inferior to their counterparts to PC, Xbox.

The real enemy is Microsoft always have and always will be, Sony is a innovative and bold company, almost on the comparison of teenager athlete great at sports and fast, funny and adventurous but Microsoft is a drunk and abusive father who comes home drunk and beats Sony round and diminishes his confidence.
THIS IS HOW IT ALWAYS ENDS

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#94 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Comrade Snarky wrote:Since you're curious about how those loans take tolls on countries, I'd recommend reading Confessions of an Economic Hitman. It deals with something similar to giving those massive loans to countries that can't pay them back. The intent is pretty much to just bankrupt the countries. I can't recall much about the reasoning behind it, but I think you'd enjoy it.

The intent is to force the bankrupt countries to give away their natural resources. "So, since you don't have the cash to pay back your loan, and we could really use some timber... How about logging that rainforest of yours?"
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#95 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:57 pm

Ah, thanks. High school was a long time ago...

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#96 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Indeed Ives.

Thanks Comrade I'll check that out though.

To Barrys_Bapz, all companies do greedy things, business is business.

Microsoft was always "evil" swallowing and monopolizing other companies since the early 90's (that I remember), it's called business and capitalism.
They went to court, and then found a softer approach to doing the same (using their software instead of burning it).

All companies deal with slave labor whether with silicon mining or slave part making in some form or the other in the electronics field.

In 2003 Sega was a hair away from merging with Microsoft.

I respect ps1 and ps2 BUT the mere "ps2 can play dvds" gimmick, on itself, just that, really nailed the coffin for DC which was unfair to me, what the hell does watching dvds have to do with gaming ?, but fair in terms of pushing consoles. They won. Congrats.

But ironically that "let's focus damn near solely on super duper hardware" is a mistake many made, now it's hurting sony.

What innovative products does sony make ?

The google tv aka webtv from 1998 rip off ?

Stealing phillips cd format ?

Stealing wii motion play just as Micro did ?

Hijacking the patent for blu ray when like the dvd, them and 9 other companies made it ?

They made psone, that was the most innovative thing they did since the cassette walkman. They still put "walkman" on their mp3 players.

They still make 100 models of tvs because they were known as a good tv company in 80s. They put "playstation" on just about all their machines (except vita).

I liked Beta tapes better than vhs though lol.

And their new camera is good quality. But...overall the company is not really innovative at all compared to others.

Who the hell trusts Sony network when it's hacked and info stolen alot ?

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming ... index.html

Seems to happen every 3 months.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... ers-lulzec

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/ ... -accounts/

Wii, PS2 and XBox are all children of DC.

Microsoft, Apple, Sony, Nintendo, etc are ALL greedy companies. No mega rich company exists without being greedy.

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#97 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:48 pm

Pound for pound Sega was way more innovative than Sony PSD. That is my opinion.

I like reading these type of things, lol Sony copying again :

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/4 ... _take_off/

http://www.defunctgames.com/history/2/s ... nintendoes

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#98 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:32 am

djvectorman wrote:They made psone, that was the most innovative thing they did since the cassette walkman. They still put "walkman" on their mp3 players.

I still have a cassette Walkman, and I have a CD Discman (from before Sony started calling all its portable players "Walkman"). :D
"Fear the HUnewearl."

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#99 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:45 am

I liked the cassette walkman this was the size of cassette, it expanded a little to accept cassette.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C84eoM7n7Ws[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0CQHuxCqZM[/youtube]

But fair enough, yes they came out with discman (remember the yellow water resistant sports one ?) as you mention.

I had the mini disc recorder/walkman too ha.

Ok so cassette and cd Walkman and psone and pstwo from 1979-2001...I see.

Return to “PlayStation Consoles”