APrip - Patch Out Additional Anti-Piracy Copy Protection Found In Some Later PSX Games

Talk about PlayStation Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

alexfree
fire

APrip - Patch Out Additional Anti-Piracy Copy Protection Found In Some Later PSX Games

Post#1 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:15 pm

https://alex-free.github.io/aprip/
APrip is a portable open source tool capable of bypassing/patching-out the ‘standardized’ additional anti-piracy copy protection found in some later PSX games. APrip can:

Patch The CD Image of a game to remove the additional anti-piracy copy protection.
Generate valid GameShark code(s) to remove the additional anti-piracy copy protection.
Convert an existing GameShark code which bypasses or removes the additional anti-piracy copy protection for one version of a game to a different version (i.e. converts a Rev 0 code to a Rev 1 or Demo version compatible code, or for a different regional release of the same game entirely).

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: APrip - Patch Out Additional Anti-Piracy Copy Protection Found In Some Later PSX Games

Post#2 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:34 pm

Thank you this will help with bleemcast retail skip disk check as well as it inforces all these protections..

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: APrip - Patch Out Additional Anti-Piracy Copy Protection Found In Some Later PSX Games

Post#3 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:43 am

I wonder if it can crack some of the games that got caught on Bleem! Jackie Chan and Blasto are two I remember.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:36 pm

Wow this is awesome. We know that the beta for Spyro runs pretty much flawlessly whereas the actual retail release will not boot on the retail Bleem patched to skip disc check. This makes me wonder if this would help make that game more playable.