PlayStation Swap Trick Works Mid-Game For No Save Before Disc 2 Swap Games Like Parasite Eve

Talk about PlayStation Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

alexfree
fire

Re: PlayStation Swap Trick Works Mid-Game For No Save Before Disc 2 Swap Games Like Parasite Eve

Post#11 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:19 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:'

do it this way you dont need any thing but a ps1

Thanks for the tutorial, I may try out TonyHAX eventually. But the issue is TonyHAX and other boot disc like stuff can not help you when your booted into a game that requires you to insert disc 2 while disc 1 is booted and running. I can not load any saves made from disc 1 with disc 2 booted to continue. Only a few games are like this, but they exist.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: PlayStation Swap Trick Works Mid-Game For No Save Before Disc 2 Swap Games Like Parasite Eve

Post#12 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:25 pm

I 'know' I'm misinterpreting but I must ask, this a swap trick?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:27 pm

Ohhhh new post I know I've re-visited Syphon Filter 2 start-to-fin no consequence. UniROM

I've done Japanese MGS1 and MGS1 Integral genuine discs as well. When I did Parasite Eve 1 also genuine because I suck and used my Gameshark cartridge. PE2 I've not played that long enough to swap

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:40 pm

Only good part of this really is simple way of getting tony hax on a memory card with no other hardware .. Cant swap disk 1 time on ps1 or saturn you should not be doing any og this.. to get this all working only need to swap disk the modded ps1 demo disk..

I seen there is a fix for playing the 2nd disk with this have to find that again..

alexfree
fire

Post#15 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:43 pm

mistamontiel wrote:Ohhhh new post I know I've re-visited Syphon Filter 2 start-to-fin no consequence. UniROM

I've done Japanese MGS1 and MGS1 Integral genuine discs as well. When I did Parasite Eve 1 also genuine because I suck and used my Gameshark cartridge. PE2 I've not played that long enough to swap

MGS is one of those games that you can save on disc 1, power off the PS1, boot disc 2, and load that save while booted in Disc 2.

Parasite Eve 1 is one of at least 3 games I know of (there are probably more) that while playing disc 1, you have to put in disc 2 without turning off the console. You have to save on disc 2 to load saves when booted in disc 2. The mid game swap trick is basically just swapping without turning the console off, while in the actual game because you have no other choice.

This applies AFAIK to TonyHAX, definitely PS X Change because they can’t work while the game is running.

Parasite Eve 2 is amazing, please do yourself a favor and go back to finish it.

alexfree
fire

Post#16 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:46 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Only good part of this really is simple way of getting tony hax on a memory card with no other hardware .. Cant swap disk 1 time on ps1 or saturn you should not be doing any og this.. to get this all working only need to swap disk the modded ps1 demo disk..

I seen there is a fix for playing the 2nd disk with this have to find that again..

I was not aware of any patches to Parasite Eve that allow you to get around this, now I’m interested I guess they could just patch out the check in the ISO itself...
Last edited by alexfree on Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowGeist
undertow

Post#17 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:48 pm

UniRom/n00brom/TonyHax exploit Bios Secret Unlock Commands discovered by No$Cash to unlock disc drive, this allows opening drive door meaning No CDDA TOC issues and compatibility with Multi-Disc games.

For installation of TonyHax through swap-trick try Orion's Save Manager CD .

alexfree
fire

Post#18 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:58 pm

ShadowGeist wrote:UniRom/n00brom/TonyHax exploit Bios Secret Unlock Commands discovered by No$Cash to unlock disc drive, this allows opening drive door meaning No CDDA TOC issues and compatibility with Multi-Disc games.

For installation of TonyHax through swap-trick try Orion's Save Manager CD .

Oh so that persists, did not know that I stand corrected. In that case this is only useful for the traditional swap trick or PS X Change.

alexfree
fire

Post#19 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:50 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:You can just mod the playstation demo disk station downloader it had memory card saves shove them on the disk make the iso swap that disk then save to memory card for tony hax no need to have any ps2 or any bullshit

Can all be done with out any need of modding the hardware.

I realize what you mean now! Download demo disk station, burn it with that save. Use the safe audio menu swap trick to boot said burned disc and copy it to the memory card. Burn a TonyHAX game, boot it with the safe audio menu swap trick. Do TonyHAX, then any game will work without having to do this.

ShadowGeist
undertow

Post#20 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:51 pm

alexfree wrote:In that case this is only useful for the traditional swap trick or PS X Change.

Yes, the information you've provided isn't completely useless, just outdated.

FreePSXBoot memory card exploit is also in development, but it's still in it's early stages with risk factors involved.