PlayStation Swap Trick Works Mid-Game For No Save Before Disc 2 Swap Games Like Parasite Eve

Talk about PlayStation Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

alexfree
fire

Re: PlayStation Swap Trick Works Mid-Game For No Save Before Disc 2 Swap Games Like Parasite Eve

Post#31 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:32 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Not to be funny but you could buy a supported ps1 on the list for next to nothing i got 3 of them a year ago for $5 each.. no real why to stick with an unsupported early console on the way out you have to put on it's side??

I love launch edition/early console revisions. My Dreamcast is pretty early too, September ‘99 rev 1. That thing plays CD-Rs so well, been watching some shows as well with SFD Player in amazing quality.

I plan on getting a psone eventually, now in 2021 they are around 60 complete with cables on eBay. I got this SCPH 1001 for like $50 complete which is a steal, since I’ve always wanted to have an early PlayStation. And to find a working one from October ‘95 in 2021 has got to be rare. Only need to turn it diagonal for burned CD-Rs, which is unfortunate but unforeseeable at purchase as legit games seem fine in the normal position. One day I might replace the laser assembly entirely but I really don’t want to break such a piece of history by accident, those connectors are fragile! Also need to find the best assembly unit to put in, newer models have differences.

ShadowGeist
undertow

Re: PlayStation Swap Trick Works Mid-Game For No Save Before Disc 2 Swap Games Like Parasite Eve

Post#32 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:55 pm

TonyHAX developer socram stated "I had read that vC0 disc controllers were not compatible and somehow misunderstood the documentation, thinking that SCPH-1000 were NTSC-U and ran on that version. I think all NTSC-U consoles should be compatible."

n00bROM which can be installed on cheat cart through X-Flash CD features an "EZ-Swap" simplified swap trick with TOC reset.

UniROM is available as a Boot-Disc with included installable cart ROM, and also features "Stop-Disc" simplified swap trick.

Both UniROM & TonyHAX now come bundled with FreePSXBoot booting from memory card.

Experiment for confirmation, if No$Cash Unlock doesn't work then simplified swap would be useful.

alexfree
fire

Post#33 » Sun May 23, 2021 7:14 pm

ShadowGeist wrote:TonyHAX developer socram stated "I had read that vC0 disc controllers were not compatible and somehow misunderstood the documentation, thinking that SCPH-1000 were NTSC-U and ran on that version. I think all NTSC-U consoles should be compatible."

n00bROM which can be installed on cheat cart through X-Flash CD features an "EZ-Swap" simplified swap trick with TOC reset.

UniROM is available as a Boot-Disc with included installable cart ROM, and also features "Stop-Disc" simplified swap trick.

Both UniROM & TonyHAX now come bundled with FreePSXBoot booting from memory card.

Experiment for confirmation, if No$Cash Unlock doesn't work then simplified swap would be useful.

Yes, I noticed that he removed the mentions of the non existent SCPH 1000 NTSC-U console, and now I have an idea. Compile the .EXE file normally ran via the exploit to its own standalone disc. Boot it with the CD menu safe swap trick, see if it works. I’ll try this in a bit!

alexfree
fire

Post#34 » Mon May 24, 2021 12:10 am

alexfree wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Not to be funny but you could buy a supported ps1 on the list for next to nothing i got 3 of them a year ago for $5 each.. no real why to stick with an unsupported early console on the way out you have to put on it's side??

I love launch edition/early console revisions. My Dreamcast is pretty early too, September ‘99 rev 1. That thing plays CD-Rs so well, been watching some shows as well with SFD Player in amazing quality.

I plan on getting a psone eventually, now in 2021 they are around 60 complete with cables on eBay. I got this SCPH 1001 for like $50 complete which is a steal, since I’ve always wanted to have an early PlayStation. And to find a working one from October ‘95 in 2021 has got to be rare. Only need to turn it diagonal for burned CD-Rs, which is unfortunate but unforeseeable at purchase as legit games seem fine in the normal position. One day I might replace the laser assembly entirely but I really don’t want to break such a piece of history by accident, those connectors are fragile! Also need to find the best assembly unit to put in, newer models have differences.

OMG IT WORKS! It turns out, the TonyHax Github releases page releases have the loader .exe file already compiled in the release! Simply used mkpsxiso to make a bin+cue, burned at 10x to my Verbatim CD, used CD menu swap trick to boot the burned CD, and then the PSX tells me to swap my CD! Simply amazing, will be uploading that bin+cue ASAP.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#35 » Mon May 24, 2021 2:05 am

alexfree wrote:
alexfree wrote:

OMG IT WORKS! It turns out, the TonyHax Github releases page releases have the loader .exe file already compiled in the release! Simply used mkpsxiso to make a bin+cue, burned at 10x to my Verbatim CD, used CD menu swap trick to boot the burned CD, and then the PSX tells me to swap my CD! Simply amazing, will be uploading that bin+cue ASAP.

Really great news:) I"m vary happy for you :)

ShadowGeist
undertow

Post#36 » Mon May 24, 2021 12:33 pm

alexfree wrote:OMG IT WORKS!

Glad to hear.

Keep experimenting, exploit cheat cartridges and memory cards, create the "Ultimate PShaX Console". ;)

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#37 » Mon May 24, 2021 5:29 pm

You've found a swap trick-less that stops the motor lol? I just know PS-X-Change (but it stopped liking UniROM updates anymore and needs switch jammed) and then UniROM itself

What is very funny is my tonyhax memory card and THPS4 is what is enabling me to update UniROM @ all the last time, not from within UniROM vb5 it wouldn't budge on boot disc updater

l0l

alexfree
fire

Post#38 » Mon May 24, 2021 8:39 pm

mistamontiel wrote:You've found a swap trick-less that stops the motor lol? I just know PS-X-Change (but it stopped liking UniROM updates anymore and needs switch jammed) and then UniROM itself

What is very funny is my tonyhax memory card and THPS4 is what is enabling me to update UniROM @ all the last time, not from within UniROM vb5 it wouldn't budge on boot disc updater

l0l

I did not find this method which stops the motor, this was the first method posted to gamefaqs way back in 1996. Most consoles have this method patched out, mine is so old it works .

I have perfected it by combining it with TonyHAX.

alexfree
fire

Post#39 » Mon May 24, 2021 8:41 pm

ShadowGeist wrote:
alexfree wrote:OMG IT WORKS!

Glad to hear.

Keep experimenting, exploit cheat cartridges and memory cards, create the "Ultimate PShaX Console". ;)

Boot CD support has now been added in TonyHAX, the developer merged my pull request! The TonyHAX developer also mentioned that for chipped playstations that do not have a stealth chip, this is useful as well since TonyHAX now can circumvent these issues.

https://github.com/socram8888/tonyhax/pull/88

https://github.com/socram8888/tonyhax