unknown PS2 mod

Talk about PlayStation Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

LukeAkAscooter
dirty sailor
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO v2 Sylverant server (PC)
PSO v2 Sylverant server (DC)
4x4 Evo (DC)
Worms World Party (DC)

unknown PS2 mod

Post by LukeAkAscooter »

Hi everyone, haven't posted for a good while, would love to play PSO on Saturdays with everyone but always work early so doesn't line up for me.

Anyway I recently picked up a PS2 original phat, from what I can tell a super early model, I found these chips soldered in, definitely not factory installation, anyone have ideas to what it could be?! cant really tell from just turning it on, all looks stock. I had a feeling it could of been PS1 mod chip but tried a burned ps1 game didn't work.

PSO V2 (PC) ID: LukeAkAscooter
PSO V2 (PC) ID: KAOUTAR
PSN : lukeakascooter

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: unknown PS2 mod

Post by Ian Micheal »

Well you have to hold the power button in with that chip till it flashes then put the game in thats a ps2 mod for ps2 games

for it to work with ps1 games you have to wait till it flashes once then put the game in i had that mod back in the day very early ps2 mod chip

It do nothing with out holding the powerbutton and following the flashes 2 is for ps2 1 for ps1 ..

LukeAkAscooter
dirty sailor
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO v2 Sylverant server (PC)
PSO v2 Sylverant server (DC)
4x4 Evo (DC)
Worms World Party (DC)

Post by LukeAkAscooter »

Thanks for replying! yeah I manged to get it to play a burned PS1 game a few times but thanks, I will give it a go :)
PSO V2 (PC) ID: LukeAkAscooter
PSO V2 (PC) ID: KAOUTAR
PSN : lukeakascooter

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

LukeAkAscooter wrote:Thanks for replying! yeah I manged to get it to play a burned PS1 game a few times but thanks, I will give it a go :)
Yeah was always like this get the timing right on the holding the button you can make it work every time..