360 Backwards Compatibility

Talk about Xbox Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

GameOverYeah
Graffiti Grind

360 Backwards Compatibility

Post#1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:11 pm

Yo guys

So... I am thinking of getting a 360. One of the big draws for me is that a lot of the original Xbox games will run on it, so I am essentially opening myself up to two entire game libraries that I haven't even touched before (and mostly very cheap). However, there are a few games that I defo want to have, that wikipedia says will not run (such as Top Spin). Is there ANY way around this, or no?

krssn
Metallic

Re: 360 Backwards Compatibility

Post#2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:36 pm

GameOverYeah wrote:Yo guys

So... I am thinking of getting a 360. One of the big draws for me is that a lot of the original Xbox games will run on it, so I am essentially opening myself up to two entire game libraries that I haven't even touched before (and mostly very cheap). However, there are a few games that I defo want to have, that wikipedia says will not run (such as Top Spin). Is there ANY way around this, or no?

Get up early. Go to flea market. Buy original Xbox for peanuts.

"But then I'll have to hook up an extra console."

Stop your whining biotch. Did you hook it up yet?...

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#3 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:02 pm

Unlike Wii/GC compatibility, the Xbox 2 doesn't have original Xbox hardware and can't simply play any game the way the older console would. Any title that Microsoft hasn't explicitly allowed the Xbox 2 to emulate won't run and will only work on a real Xbox 1.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

GameOverYeah
Graffiti Grind

Post#4 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:26 am

krssn wrote:
GameOverYeah wrote:Yo guys

Get up early. Go to flea market. Buy original Xbox for peanuts.

"But then I'll have to hook up an extra console."

Stop your whining biotch. Did you hook it up yet?...

Dude, firstly, flea markets and thrift stores never have good stuff where I live. I've tried.

Secondly, who wants TWO big ugly Microsoft consoles taking up precious space in their homes?

I checked the list. Apparently, Top Spin is the ONLY game I am interested in which is not playable on the X Box 2. Crud.

Aleron Ives wrote:Unlike Wii/GC compatibility, the Xbox 2 doesn't have original Xbox hardware and can't simply play any game the way the older console would. Any title that Microsoft hasn't explicitly allowed the Xbox 2 to emulate won't run and will only work on a real Xbox 1.

There are no fan made emulators for these games?

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#5 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:06 pm

Nobody cares about the Xbox, so there are no functional Xbox emulators. I guess Microsoft didn't exactly garner much support within the gaming community, because nobody wants to work on Xbox emulation.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

sharpfork
noob

Post#6 » Fri May 08, 2015 12:21 am

Not all games are compatability and they aren't perfect. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ ... h_Xbox_360

An original xbox is a glorious device when modded and running emulators via component cables.