Quantic Dream

Re: What is in your 360?

Post#31 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:50 pm

idk, i sold that POS and got a PS3. i am actively selling the PS3 now too :lol:

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#32 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:06 am

Neohound wrote:I wasn't overly keen on the 360 version of TER as I didn't like the handling of the cars ? I much preferred the DC second game, it was a brilliant game.

I just finished Alice and am about to embark on Tales Of Vesperia. Been looking forward to it for ages now so am hoping it doesn't let me down.

See I didn't like it either to begin with, I thought it was just handling like a shopping trolley, THEN however I learned to tweak the breaks, suspension, ABS, ride height, tyres, and the wonderful thing was it actually made a BIG difference, playing around with the break strength on the rear and front wheels, the diff, the gear ratio, and thats why I loved the game, I hate driving "SIMs" but this game just gave me an awesome experience. I finished the game and have a skyline and nissan z35 fairlady at max stats with awesome handling. my skyline has 800+ freakin Horse POWER!!! Great game.

Just spent 4 hours on COD BO last night, I've only logged 3 days and 7 hours of in game/match play so far and I'm already closing in on my forth prestige
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

drunkn ghost
fire

Post#33 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:14 am

I love the entire TXR series as much as anyone but I have always had mixed feelings about the handling. Adjusting the settings does help a lot but I have finally admitted to myself that none of the versions really handle that great. I had a few years that I mostly just played racing games back in the day and that game always seemed to have a learning curve if you hadn't played it in awhile.

Regardless of how well I setup my car it takes me some time getting use to how the game handles. The longer I play the game the more sensitive I can make the steering which seems to have just as much effect as most of the other settings. If I stop playing for even a few weeks I have to turn the sensitivity all the way back down or I look like a pinball.

Did you guys know there was a GBA version? I thought I had every game in the series until I found that. I was even more surprised that it handled pretty well, compared to other driving games on the GBA of course.

Oh and just to try and stay on topic I still have Rapstar and EDF in my 360.

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#34 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:42 am

No way ! I can't believe there's a GBA version. That totally passed me by. I've only played one driving game on GBA and that was V-Rally 3 though I'm looking to get Driver soon.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#35 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:57 am

well to stay on topic I would just say that I now have Child Of Eden in my 360 and I'm absolutely over the MOON with it, seriously this game is the best reason to own a Kinect ever, such a genius idea!! I'm once again blown away by the sound and artistic styling of the team who brought us REZ and, even though I only paid 50p, (I part exed about 10 games against it) I would have to say that everyone who own's the kinect should own this game. Its simply amazing and really rewarding to play. Can't believe I was nearly going to miss out on this one!

Theres not a lot in terms of proper quality in the current crop of recent releases is there? I've noticed a real down turn in the quality of the games. What with Dungeon Siege 3 getting a pasting by the reviewers, Duke being a pile, Homefront apparently being rubbish, Bulletstorm being a disappointment and everything generally being subpar I'm really having lots of trouble trying to find games to buy when I trade in my old ones! I suppose I could use the lul to complete games I haven't done yet such as Assassins Creed 2, Sacred 2, Bioshock 2, Tomb Raider Underworld, Vanquish, Venetica, Enslaved etc but I just doubt I will ever get the time!! I guess I will just have to wait until COD MW3, GOW 3, Halo CE ae, ME3 and Halo 4 come out huh? lol

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#36 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:25 am

I've just started playing Sacred 2 Fallen Angel again as I've been missing playing an RPG for a while and this one is the nuts. Its pretty massive and really hard to put down once you start playing! anyone else got into this game at all? its a bit old but still well worth playing

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#37 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:01 pm

I've a recommendation for y'all. EL Shaddai.

I'm not kidding, this is one of the best games of the year. Definitely one of the best looking and certainly one of the most addictive.

Beg, borrow or steal at once !

Oh, if you are thinking of buying it is available at loads of places for a bargain price.

Enjoy :)

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Post#38 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:27 pm

I have only used my 360 as a glorified dvd player for the past 2 months, When i had a gold account i played Forza 3 online quite a bit.

I absolutely cant stand CoD anymore, i use to play it a lot but you can only take so many nOObs quickscoping (glitch shooting), with most of the people acting like john rambo with a sniper and, the know it all kids screaming into your ear i just gave up playing, its no longer fun for me, MW2 is worse the Blk ops when it came to glitch shooters.

I might end up just selling my 360 eventually, but only after i play Forza 4 for a while (you still have to put up with know it all kids).

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#39 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:42 pm

CoD. What can I say ? Videogaming has the possibility to be intelligent, interesting, colourful, meaningful, fun etc But millions of people over the world choose to play toy soldiers whilst hurling abuse over their phonelines. Fucking CRAP ! lol

Put El Shaddai in your 'dvd drive' and give your nearly redundant console a new lease of life ! ;)

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#40 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:14 pm

COD is what you make it, if your one of those idiots who enjoys hurling abuse to random strangers then fair enough. However I enjoy playing it with a massive team of friends and we always up running as a 6 man party in TDM and it is just the most fun you can hope to have when your playing with a big bunch of mates.

Personally at the moment I am still playing Enslaved, just got Batman AC and Space Marine, and next week I will have mw3 and then the week after Halo CE Anniversary, can't FOOOOKING WAIT!!!

Return to “Xbox Consoles”