Moderator: pcwzrd13

TheCoolinator
Vagabond

Re: BEWARE OF USED XBOX 360's

Post#11 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Dr. Pariolo wrote:
TheCoolinator wrote:
I think all you've proved is that Sony and Microsoft make crap consoles. :lol:

That was actually my point. I can not argue about the nintendo wii. Matter of fact, i owned one, but re-selled it before it had time to break, it was a boring console to me.

On the other hand, previous consoles i had are the sega mega drive, and the DC. I already mentioned my dc, but my gold old mega drive is still working nowadays.

Its like nowadays companies make system like movies, all shitty and poor. They just assemble the most powerful(but cheap) components and there, its done. (The same way movie directors mixes eye candy special effects and hot actresses, background storyline is an extra) After that they sell it and become richer every time people send them back for replacements (when warranty time is over). (Sony charges 100-150$ for a refurbished console... wtf... You get a used console, lost your saved games, and you pay quite a lot)

That, and games. Since consoles are internet ready AND hard disk compatible (thats why i dont include the DC in here), games arent finished when they are out.

I swear, up to now, every game i bought on the release date, in within A WEEK, a patch is available (and forced to download) for the game. Every single game.

Instead, a decade ago, when a game was about to hit the stores at shops, devs made sure it was perfect. They rather delay the date than releasing it with bugs. Today they dont care about that, they can make patches.

They just dont make stuff as good as in the old times.

Absolutely,

Quality of movies, video games, and video game consoles have dropped into a bottomless pit.

I wish consumers were a little smarter with their spending cash. People seem to reward these failures with their wallet instead of boycotting a product.

I don't like where console gaming is going so I refused to buy any of the new systems. I feel very good about this because not only do I not have to deal with half made games and shoddy hardware but I'm independent of any fan boy banter.
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

"Well, see these men follow no man but me......and I follow no man at all."

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Dr. Pariolo
Pretty Fly for a White Guy

Post#12 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:55 pm

Correct;
And i also forgot to mention the bad quality of the OS. Again, for both cases, its hella slow.

They udpated and improved (but not fixed!) on xbox a couple of months ago, but everytime you go to the xbox menu, and bring on your friends list.. Youll notice how the console will freeze because of your friends avatar..
Ridiculous. Powerful consoles, with i dont know how many processors, freezes because of a couple of tiny pictures.

We are speaking of pictures this size:

Before that improvement update, i swear, for around 8 friends that fits in the window (without scrolling), the console used to freeze for 5 freakin seconds. wtf? Now it only takes betwen 0,5 and 1 (approx..) Yet too much for my taste, i can not explain. But i had no choice but to get used to it.

As for ps3, same performance, but one thing they did better is that when the shitty system is loading, items remaining to load appears with a loading image like, instead of the whole console to freeze..

Im saying a lot of shit about both systems but they are good things that make them worth owning them (in my opinions). Co op campaigns via XBL are just incredibly sweet. Gears Of War, Gears Of War 2, Resident Evil 5, Modern Warfare 2 special ops, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST (they are more, but those are i own) are an undescriptible awesome experience. Playing great games, with a friend of yours instead of a badly coded AI buddy, a chatting with him through a headset with a decent quality is just awesome to my taste. Definitely worth 30$ a year (XBL fee)

Regarding PSN i can not say yet i havent played a single game on it. I just can say it has some sweet exclusives. Uncharted series and killzone 2 are the shit.

Barrys_Bapz
killer

Post#13 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:31 pm

:o
THIS IS HOW IT ALWAYS ENDS

Dr. Pariolo

Post#14 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:37 am

Shocked much?

Novus
rebel

Post#15 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:27 pm

Yet another reason to stay away from the 360. If I had enough money and interest to buy a 7th-gen console, I'd go for the Wii. PS3 has too much junk I don't need (and with no back-compatibility, forget it), and the 360 has to be one of the biggest hardware liabilities in gaming history. I wonder how much it would have cost Microsoft to design quality units that wouldn't overheat, versus how much it's cost them to fix and/or replace broken 360s.

My family got a Nintendo in '93, and it never quit on us. My dad took it with him when he moved, so even then it probably still worked. The SNES we got in '96 is still in great shape; I recently sold it. The "hockey puck" Genesis we got in '98 or '99? Still working like a dream. It seems like the real quality problems didn't come along until Sony came lumbering in. The Dreamcast had the problem too, though...I have owned about six or seven Dreamcast machines in two and a half years. Four didn't work or developed issues; one I sold; one I play often, and the last I keep as a backup.

Dr. Pariolo

Post#16 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:07 pm

Two things regarding what you said:
360, i said it myself, isnt reliable, hardware speaking. But from time to time they make new motherboards models, and apparently, the two last are good. Dont know their names. But they seem to not overheat. Now, why do people keep saying 360 sucks because of the rrod?

Same thing happens with 360 that happened with microsoft vista. Vista, when it came out, sucked bad. Why? Because you had to own a computer that wasnt even out to run it smoothly. Try it nowadays, if you have a decent rig, it will run just fine. But people got "traumatized", apparently, to the success it had when it released. Ask anyone today, what he think of vista. He probably says it sucks, and he surely just tried it when it was fresh.

The first model of 360 was just horrible. In a matter of 2 years (iirc) microsoft seen themselves forced to make the factory warranty longer, from one month to 3 months, and finally a whole year. Because of the outrageous number of returns due to overheating.

But, i insist, those two latest motherboards seems to be way better.

And the other thing i had to say is, you mention that ps3 has no backward compatibility.
Wrong. The slim version doesnt, the "fat" model does.

Novus
rebel

Post#17 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:54 pm

Dr. Pariolo wrote:But, i insist, those two latest motherboards seems to be way better.

And the other thing i had to say is, you mention that ps3 has no backward compatibility.
Wrong. The slim version doesnt, the "fat" model does.

Yeah, I heard the recent 360s were better, and I know one of the PS3 models was supposed to be back-compatible, but they're not making it anymore for whatever reason. In any case, the point was that I'm not interested in buying either machine.

Dr. Pariolo

Post#18 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:26 pm

Oh theyre not making the fat model anymore? I didnt knew that.
Its weird, on xbox its the top of the line model (elite) that has backward compatibility, on PS, its the other way around :?