Nintendo Wii U to Arrive on November 18 Starting at $299

Talk about any Nintendo Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

nnorton44
Doom

Nintendo Wii U to Arrive on November 18 Starting at $299

Post#1 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:36 pm

After news of the Nintendo Wii U Japanese release date leaked onto Twitter Wednesday night, there was some fear that the console wouldn't arrive until early next year. But Nintendo of America bossman Reggie Fils-Aime took the stage during the company's Wii U Preview press event and calmed those fears on Thursday, announcing that the Wii U console will launch here in North America on November 18, conveniently just days before early risers go nuts with their credit cards on Black Friday.

As seen above, Nintendo's new console will arrive in two flavors: an 8 GB Basic Set in white for $299.99 USD, and a 32 GB Deluxe Set in black for $349.99 USD. The Basic Set will contain the Wii U console, the Wii U GamePad, an AC adapter for each, an HDMI cable, and a Wii U sensor bar. The Deluxe Set throws in an extra charging cradle and stand, and a copy of the company's 1st-party exclusive, "Nintendo Land."

Nintendo said on Thursday that consumers who purchase the Deluxe Set also will be enrolled in the Deluxe Digital Promotion, which lets Wii U owners receive points for each digital download and redeem those points for future downloadable content from the Nintendo eShop. The promotion is currently planned through 2014. Wii U-banded Wii Remotes and Nunchuck controllers will also be sold although your old set will work just fine with the new console, Nintendo added.

Logic
core

Re: Nintendo Wii U to Arrive on November 18 Starting at $299

Post#2 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Got the price right with my predictions...but I never thought I'd see Nintendo actually launch Multiple SKU's, seeing as the last time they did that was back in the NES-SNES days.
Freedoms:
1,2,3,4. The whole can benefit

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#3 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Got my U today! It's awesome being able to play games on the controller even with the TV off!

VM U that is. :lol:
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#4 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:16 pm

gonna be such a ripoff; if its $299, nintendo will just change the $ to a € for the euro release & we'll pay 1/3 more as the rest of the world (as usual, but still...)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

lebeaux
noob

Post#5 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Getting my Zelda bundle today woot