Sonic's GameCube Adventure

Talk about any Nintendo Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

killer-elite
blackout!

Re: Sonic's GameCube Adventure

Post#11 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:15 pm

have any of you played Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adeventure 2 on Xbox 360...you can buy DLC to upgrade them to their Gamecube conterparts...Sonic Adventure Director Cut DX and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle ....ive bought these from the Xbox Live Store but have yet to played them....

ChristinaDreamcustDC
blackout!

Post#12 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:35 pm

I've played the PS3 version of both of those. I think I own either Sonic Adventure or Sonic Adventure 2 but I don't remember if I have the DLC.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#13 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:37 pm

killer-elite wrote:have any of you played Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adeventure 2 on Xbox 360...you can buy DLC to upgrade them to their Gamecube conterparts...Sonic Adventure Director Cut DX and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle ....ive bought these from the Xbox Live Store but have yet to played them....

All those ports are based on the gamecube version have all the problems with the cutscenes and lighting and models pc version is based n the game cube version..

be nice if the xbox360 was upgrade dreamcast version but it's not has the same problems the small gardens the lack of lighting on the cut scenes music does not sync etc

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#14 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:01 pm

I agree with Ian Michael, Dreamcast is still the best experience.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#15 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:52 am

I've always heard that the Gamecube version of Adventure 1 was much worse and buggier than on Dreamcast, whereas the Gamecube version of Adventure 2 was slightly better than Dreamcast thanks to some new features, larger draw distance, and a few quality of life improvements.

I've only played Adventure 1, and only on Dreamcast. So I can't personally confirm or deny this, and as such won't really try to argue either way.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#16 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:22 am

ReaderRagfish wrote:I've always heard that the Gamecube version of Adventure 1 was much worse and buggier than on Dreamcast, whereas the Gamecube version of Adventure 2 was slightly better than Dreamcast thanks to some new features, larger draw distance, and a few quality of life improvements.

I've only played Adventure 1, and only on Dreamcast. So I can't personally confirm or deny this, and as such won't really try to argue either way.
Parts of the gamecube version is improved lot of parts are worst best version still the dreamcast version I posted the video showing the bugs and lack of lighting on the cutscenes and models it has more downgrade's then does upgrades .. Gardens have small worst draw distance on the gamecube version

Anyways it's a mixed bag but overall the Dreamcast version is still the best

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#17 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:29 am

The ports of Sonic Adventure 1 are pretty messed up in general, it has been ported to hell and back so many times. I recently got the Steam version of SADX because it was dirt cheap, and my god it ran like ass on my PC that while far from a state-of-the-art powerhouse, can run for example Killing Floor 2 in mid settings fine.

Forced 4:3 aspect ratio, didn't support the DPAD at all, and framerate was stuttering all over the place, often dropping below 30. Had to install a ton of fan mods to fix all the crap SEGA couldn't be bothered to even after all these years.

My fave bug tho is that a series of springs just doesn't work in the 2003 PC port of SADX in one of Sonic's Eggman stages. One of the springs just doesn't register or the previous spring doesn't take you far enough to the next spring and you just fall to your death, while in the Dreamcast version it works fine.

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#18 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:51 pm

When I said in an earlier post that the gamecube version of SA2 had a better framerate, I was thinking in terms of the 2 player mode, which on the GC runs very smoothly, and on the DC, does not seem to run as smoothly as the 1p game (maybe 30fps?)

beanboy
Wazza

Post#19 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:12 pm

dark wrote:When I said in an earlier post that the gamecube version of SA2 had a better framerate, I was thinking in terms of the 2 player mode, which on the GC runs very smoothly, and on the DC, does not seem to run as smoothly as the 1p game (maybe 30fps?)

Wooah! Interesting.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#20 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:16 pm

ive never played sa2 2 player but it still have all the problems stated missing lighting crazy crossed model girl char