Sonic's GameCube Adventure

Talk about any Nintendo Consoles here.
Tenente D.
shadow

Sonic's GameCube Adventure

Post#1 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:07 pm

Hello everyone!
Since this place is mainly focused on the beautiful Dreamcast, I wanted to know what you think about the two Sonic Adventure games ports on the GameCube!

I've personally played them a lot.
SA DC holds more nostalgic value and I love the dreamcast graphics, while I gotta admit I played SA2 Battle more than the original Dreamcast release.

What are your personal thoughts about SA DX and SA2 Battle, Dreamcast fans?
Attachments
20190808_015913-1.jpg
Tenente D.

Tarnish
fragger

Re: Sonic's GameCube Adventure

Post#2 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:17 pm

Only played the PC ports and the original DC releases, not the GC ports, but from memory and from watching vidoes, the GC ports were pretty botched. Tons of glitches and technical errors.

Also, they fixed the Knuckles/Rouge spin attack exploit, which made their later stages so much easier. So jsut for that, I prefer the original DC release, lol.

dark
Resident Evil

Re: Sonic's GameCube Adventure

Post#3 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:54 pm

I bought SA2 DC when it first came out and played it a ton. Honestly I felt a little gipped when my friend got it on GC later. There was substantial content that was only available in the GC version, which it seemed like could have easily been in the DC version - stuff like being able to do 2 player mode on more of the levels that were in the 1P mode of the game, or being able to play as more of the sonic characters in the 2p mode. The framerate was better on GC as well, but I guess that's just the more powerful tech of that system.