I wrote kids' books...as a kid

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

I wrote kids' books...as a kid

Post#1 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:18 pm

More like "I wrote kids' books...when I was, like, 7, 8 or 9". But before I got into Sonic and other stuff, I was writing kids' books on looseleaf and construction paper. Let's start with the first book I did.

I started making kids' books when I was in 1st grade. This book was called "Olivia's 1st Day of School". Now, I hate admitting this, but I used to...love Olivia. It was a CG-animated TV show with creepy, anthropomorphic pigs based on the book series of the same name. Now, don't get me wrong. I can't stand even one episode now, but that was, like, one of my favourites.

So, I decided to make a book of it. How did it turn out?

(laughs hysterically)

It was bad. So bad it's good bad. Terrible drawings, very stupid concept, everything you'd expect from a book by a 6 year-old created from construction paper. In fact, one page was purple, making it hard to see the text.

Luckily, I stepped up my game in 3rd grade. I made a bunch of forgettable books before I finally made a decent kids' book:

"Wyatt, Be Quiet!" I started working on it 4 years ago today, and finished it in about 3 or 4 days. It was about a bald kid named Wyatt whose parents go on a big shopping trip. They set rules for Wyatt to follow while they're gone, but Wyatt breaks all of the rules. One of the rules was to "not call 9-1-1 if you get lonely". The police are shocked and come to the house and scare his parents. They get in a big fight while burglars were setting up a trap while Wyatt was at home, but he never noticed. What was he doing, playing Super Smash Bros.?!

Anyways, since Wyatt hid upstairs to avoid being caught, he peeked out and saw a red "X" on the stairs. Since Wyatt is an incompetent idiot, he steps on it and gets locked inside a crate. The burglars then threw him into the Atlantic Ocean. Wyatt was out at sea for a month before hitting--okay, who wrote this?!

Oh, wait. I did.

Wyatt was out at sea for a month before hitting Scotland. He sent a message to his parents back in New York about the burglars. They guess that they were behind them when they were arguing with the police.

The end! Yeah, I think it's kinda iffy. But for a book made by an 8 year-old, it's actually kind of impressive.

There is also "Wyatt! Be Generous!", which I think is not as good, "Wyatt Changes His Shirt", which I think isn't good at all, and "The Wyatt of Oz", which I think is better than the 2nd and 3rd, but not as good as the 1st. I was also working on a 5th one, "Wyatt's Flag Day", which I never finished and cannot find. If you want me to talk more in-depth about the other Wyatt books or any other book I made, tell me. Also give your own opinion about the 1st book, if you can.

Well, that's all for today. I gotta go pitch Wyatt as a kids' show for Nick Jr.!

They...they rejected it.
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

Return to “Off Topic”