This commercial perfectly explains the original XBox.

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

This commercial perfectly explains the original XBox.

Post#1 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:57 pm

Anybody else see that new Subway commercial for the Atlantic Canada Lobster Sandwich coming back for a limited time only?

Last night I stayed up VERY late at night (up until around 3 in the morning :shock:) to watch Teletoon Retro (btw, AWESOME channel! They're the only channel in the world that currently airs the '87 TMNT show), and then I saw a Subway commercial about the Atlantic Canada Lobster Sandwich. Now, I see Subway commercials WAY too often. Almost every time I turn to the TV, I see a Subway commercial (or my bros playing the PS3).

But this one…wasn't really anything special. It starts out with a man in a raincoat (quite possibly a fisherman) against a rainy backdrop, describing something really, REALLY big. This is where I jokingly said "An XBox?"

It eventually cuts to the same man in a Subway restaurant holding the Lobster Sub in his hand.

Well…I was expecting something more…grand. :|

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a video of it on YouTube, but you get the idea.
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

krssn
Metallic

Re: This commercial perfectly explains the original XBox.

Post#2 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:26 pm

It doesn't happen very often, but that last joke was actually funny.

Good job. Keep up the good work... lol

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Re: This commercial perfectly explains the original XBox.

Post#3 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:00 pm

Sure, I'll try to.

I'd have to agree here, most of my jokes are terrible and take a while to catch on to, but some of them aren't too bad.

Like that one from my "Sonic Adventure Desktop Backgrounds" post back in January. I put in my SOS 1937 disc in my computer to see what I'd get. SA gave me a bunch of desktop backgrounds (hence the name), Crazy Taxi gave me nothing, and SOS 1937 gave me a file named "WARNING.DA". I predicted what it said next, and the result is just pure gold:

"(Goes into fancy British accent)
Thank you for purchasing our video game. Our achievement is to make your child's eyes bleed with the horrible graphics, stiff controls, bad hit detection, and non-existent sense of speed within our creations. You can tell we intended this game to be horrid, as we got LJN to publish it!

Us at Broadsword Interactive strive to make the most bottom-of-the-barrel games that only Data Design could compete with. And to make it even better, we release them on to your child's favourite consoles, just to make them look bad!

We try to make the picture quality in our games the finest cr*p you've ever seen. In other words, leave it to us to make "Colour a Dinosaur" look like a masterpiece.

And if you weren't angry enough, we force the retailers not to give back refunds. So don't even think about sending it back. You're going to keep it and stick with it for the rest of your life.

You're welcome."
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN