Nintendo wins lawsuit against file hoster 1fichier

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

MoeFoh
Uber

Nintendo wins lawsuit against file hoster 1fichier

Post#1 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:21 pm

I said a while back this would happen and it has.
https://torrentfreak.com/1fichier-held- ... es-230418/
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Re: Nintendo wins lawsuit against file hoster 1fichier

Post#2 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:07 am

yikes that isn't a good sign going to have to backup my 3ds for sure now. Interesting if this will change at all with Digital becoming more of a thing and with stores shutting down the ability to purchase. I know nintendo still lets you download already purchased games but being able to purchase new ones aren't possible.
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#3 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

Good for Nintendo! They are in competition with two tech giants, Sony and Microsoft. They have to fight the pirates or else we all lose.

Shock8
shadow

Post#4 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:30 pm

deluxux wrote:Good for Nintendo! They are in competition with two tech giants, Sony and Microsoft. They have to fight the pirates or else we all lose.

How do we all lose?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:38 pm

If they dont fight for there trademarks and games they can lose the rights to them.. And also the Investment into to new games. They dont have the unlimited money sony or Microsoft has to put up with losing money. Protection of trademark ip's and games is the only why people make games is for money not for your enjoyment it's a job..

Shock8
shadow

Post#6 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:59 pm

I'm sorry, I really am, but I'm still wondering how we all would lose if a $53 billion dollar company would go down because of a single file hoster?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:21 pm

Ask chatgpt I'm not and oracle hehe
download.jpg
download.jpg (10.48 KiB) Viewed 3139 times

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:31 pm

Shock8 wrote:I'm sorry, I really am, but I'm still wondering how we all would lose if a $53 billion dollar company would go down because of a single file hoster?

Chatgpt
You are correct that the downfall of a single file hosting website would not necessarily lead to the collapse of a $53 billion dollar company like Nintendo. However, the issue of ROM piracy is not just limited to a single website or hosting platform. It is a widespread problem that impacts the entire gaming industry and can lead to significant financial losses for game developers and publishers.

When users download ROMs instead of purchasing games legally, it can lead to lost revenue for the creators of those games. This lost revenue can impact future game development and the ability of game companies to continue creating new and innovative titles. Additionally, piracy can harm the job security of people who work in the gaming industry, such as game developers, designers, and marketers.

Furthermore, the legal action taken by Nintendo against file hosting websites serves as a deterrent to others who may be considering hosting ROMs. This helps to reduce the availability of pirated games, making it less accessible for people to download them. This, in turn, can encourage more people to purchase games legally, which ultimately benefits both the game industry and the users who enjoy playing them.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#9 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:52 pm

Shock8 wrote:I'm sorry, I really am, but I'm still wondering how we all would lose if a $53 billion dollar company would go down because of a single file hoster?

Nintendo is a pure gaming company, they set an example that Sony and Microsoft follow. They are the only family friendly company and parents and children are able to play these games together. Nintendo stands for a higher quality, they are the underdog in this fight.

If we lose Nintendo it would be a sad scene in the gaming world.

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#10 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:03 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Chatgpt
You are correct that the downfall of a single file hosting website would not necessarily lead to the collapse of a $53 billion dollar company like Nintendo. However, the issue of ROM piracy is not just limited to a single website or hosting platform. It is a widespread problem that impacts the entire gaming industry and can lead to significant financial losses for game developers and publishers.

When users download ROMs instead of purchasing games legally, it can lead to lost revenue for the creators of those games. This lost revenue can impact future game development and the ability of game companies to continue creating new and innovative titles. Additionally, piracy can harm the job security of people who work in the gaming industry, such as game developers, designers, and marketers.

Furthermore, the legal action taken by Nintendo against file hosting websites serves as a deterrent to others who may be considering hosting ROMs. This helps to reduce the availability of pirated games, making it less accessible for people to download them. This, in turn, can encourage more people to purchase games legally, which ultimately benefits both the game industry and the users who enjoy playing them.

Hey, ChatGPT was right for once! Who would have thought it?