VGMP - Doom (2005)

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: Video Game Movie Podcast

Post#11 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:13 pm

010 The Wizard (1989)2.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Rory and Jamie dive spend Christmas with a feel-good movie designed to warm children's hearts - and sell them a Nintendo.

Infamous for it's heavy product placement of Nintendo (and some of Universal Studios thrown in for good measure), the film conceals an emotional narrative around a mentally a-typical child attempting to travel to California for some mysterious cause.

Will the Christmas joy cause Rory and Jamie to recommend the title?
http://www.vgmovie.co.uk
Last edited by Roareye on Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#12 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:32 pm

011 Sonic the Hedgehog OVA (1996)2.jpg

We opened the show with Super Mario Bros, it's only right that we enter the New Year with his arch-rival, Sonic the Hedgehog (The OVA anime).

A unique anime mini-series set in 1996, this is the only Sonic film to take place before the style reset of Sonic Adventure in 1998. Will the old-school Sonic vibes make this feel more accurate than Bob Hoskin's Mario adventure?

Last edited by Roareye on Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#13 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:01 pm

Mortal Kombat (1995) 3.jpg

MORTAL KOMBAT (1995)
7th January 2022
Paul WS Anderson's debut in directing video game movies came from 1995's epic Mortal Kombat - a film that not only brought video game movies to the mainstream, but also electronic dance music!

Shang Tsung needs only one more Mortal Kombat tournament victory, and Earthrealm is lost. Lord Rayden gathers an army of Earth's best fighters to defend the realm at any cost, including Liu Kang, Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade. Do they have what it takes to save us from Shao Kahn?

Your soul is mine!

---WORST LINES EVER---
KANO: "Subterranean? What’s that? Something like underground?"

Go to http://www.vgmovie.co.uk to tune in and hear our review.
Last edited by Roareye on Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#14 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:56 pm

020 Captain N the Game Master (1989) 3.jpg

VGMP: Captain N the Game Master (1989)
Captain N's intrepid team of Nintendo characters must continue to fight Mother Brain (Metroid) and her evil Forces of Chaos to save Videoland.

Kevin Keene (Captain N), Princess Lana, Simon Belmont (Castlevania), Mega Man, Kid Icarus and Gameboy - the N-Team - are the only ones with the skills required.

Can Videoland really be saved?
Last edited by Roareye on Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#15 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:31 am

Tune in here: https://vgmovie.podbean.com/

Latest episodes;
015 Hackers (1995) 3.jpg

HACKERS (1995)
21st January 2022
The 1990s saw internet hackers as the next rebel counter-culture, and the movie Hackers is the Hollywood adaptation of a movement that never was, starring Angelina Jolie.

Zero Cool is the legend who hacked Wall Street. When he goes to college, he meets Acid Burn (Jolie) and together they become wrapped up in a hacking conspiracy of diabolical industrial espionage. Can they Hack The Planet to save the world?

WORST LINES EVER
CEREAL: "Look at that pooper! Spandex, man. It's a privilege, not a right."

Detective Pikachu (2019)2.jpg

DETECTIVE PIKACHU (2019)
28th January 2022 [POKEMON ARCEUS RELEASE]
With Pokemon Legends: Arceus released on the Nintendo Switch today, we decided to celebrate by delving into one of Pokemon's latest movies, starring Ryan Reynolds!

Harry Goodman is missing. Now his son, Tim, and his former Pokemon partner, Detective Pikachu, must join forces to unravel the mystery. Chasing clue through Ryme City, they quickly find the world of Pokemon isn't as safe as it might first seem.

WORST LINES EVER
PIKACHU:
"Pat me, or kiss me, or stick a finger in me... it's really gross."

Super Mario Bros Super Show (1989).jpg

SUPER MARIO BROS SUPER SHOW (1989)
4th February 2022
C'mon it's time to go do the Mario! Jamie is introduced to the nightmarish world of a Mario-verse starring ex-wrestler Captain Lou Albano!

Over the course of several episodes we witness "Tomato-sauce sucking vampires", Cindy Lauper working with the FBI and Lou Albano almost fall over during the terrible ending dance. It's certainly an odd concoction of madcap havoc, but does it pay off for the show?

WORST LINES EVER
MARIO:
"Hasta La Pasta!"

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#16 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:40 am

Does Doom qualify with "The Rock"?
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#17 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:12 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:Does Doom qualify with "The Rock"?

Doom (2006).jpg

Of course it does :D

Doom Annihilation (2019).jpg

As well as Doom Annihilation.

We might be able to get to those in a couple of months - there's a metric tonne of new releases we're going to have to cover over the next couple of months.

Uncharted (Releases 11th Feb, we'll cover on the 18th Feb)
Cuphead Show (Released 18th Feb, we'll cover on the 25th Feb)
Shenmue the Animation (Released weekly from the 6th Feb, we'll cover on the 4th March so there's enough content)

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Releases 1st April, we'll cover 8th April)
Halo (Releases weekly on Paramount+ 24th March, we'll cover 15th April)

But do join in the Discord if you want to suggest films and we'll prioritise whatever people request;
https://discord.gg/YA28fXjYXH

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#18 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:32 pm

Nice.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

alberto91
shadow

Post#19 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:41 am

I am really enjoying your podcast. I have a request for you. Please make a special podcast on the tv series adaptation of the Witcher game. I am excited to hear what you guys think about the Harry Cavill playing as Geralt of Rivia.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#20 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:58 am

alberto91 wrote:I am really enjoying your podcast. I have a request for you. Please make a special podcast on the tv series adaptation of the Witcher game. I am excited to hear what you guys think about the Harry Cavill playing as Geralt of Rivia.

Thanks man ^_^ So glad to hear you're enjoying it!

The Witcher is a series we were hoping to cover this month, but we have 3 brand new releases coming out in a short timespan, so it's had to be delayed. We were too late to cover Season 2 as it came out, but are definitely gonna be on the pulse for Season 3. I have seen both seasons of the Witcher, and while I won't go into it in too much detail here I did enjoy it. I can't recall if Jamie has seen it, but he will do by the time we get around to it.

If you use Discord, feel free to join us there btw: https://discord.gg/YA28fXjYXH

We're ramping up the content as we go. I've just gotten some cool stuff like the Phantasy Star Online 2 anime series, Viva Pinata series, F-Zero series etc. So there's plenty of legacy content coming too.
This friday we have DOA: Dead or Alive (2006), then next week is Uncharted (2022) followed by The Cuphead Show (2022) and then Shenmue (2022). While Shenmue is out already, it's being released an episode a week, so we want at least a few episodes to cover before we cover it fully. We also have an award-winning Halo exclusive in April (not the new Paramount+ series either).

We've also started doing Articles on my main site as support material for VGMP - they come out every Tuesday at 5pm at www.cyberpunkstudios.co.uk/blog
HitomiInDOADeadorAlive.jpg

Our latest one is a precursor to this Friday's VGMP Episode on DOA: Dead or Alive.

The character of Hitomi was thought missing in DOA's movie, with her name given to some man dressed in yellow during the fighting tournament. However I deep-dived into the blu-ray of the movie and found the real Hitomi was in the film and for some reason she was cut from the final movie for some unknown reason. To my knowledge this is an exclusive as nowhere else online has documented this, not even the most dedicated of Dead or Alive fansites. So hopefully the additional article content will keep you entertained mid-week before the main episodes are released. :)