Favorite Console not made by sega

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Poll: What is your favorite non Sega console?

NES
4%
SNES
16%
PS1
10%
Gamecube
10%
Xbox
7%
PS2
10%
Xbox 360
12%
PS4
1%
Switch
1%
Other (please specify)
28%
Total votes: 69

SirRockEmSockEm
rebel

Re: Favorite Console not made by sega

Post#11 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:32 am

Hmm... a bit difficult for me to say. I've had some great experiences on almost all the consoles I've played.

But if I had to pick just one, I think it would be the PS2. Shadow of the Colossus especially is a game I'm quite fond of. It was the first time I'd played a game dripping with that much atmosphere, so I guess it gave me a bit of an appreciation for more atmospheric games.

Of course, I had a lot of fun playing stuff like Spider-Man 2, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, and so on, but SOTC just really sticks out in my mind as something special. It's cheesy, I know, but it really was an unforgettable experience.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#12 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:02 pm

I vote PSP, really a great handheld with lots of Dreamcast, and PS1 ports, online gameplay, all portable and playable on a TV with an AV wire. Now I have the Vita TV, for sure a top 5 console.

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#13 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:34 am

Gamecube for me.

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#14 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:40 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Turbo grafix 16 if it's not sega

I ordered a PC Engine Mini from Japan last year, it's a brilliant little console.

sunnshine
lithium

Post#15 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:42 am

Xbox 360 for me, just because there are a load of awesome arcade ports and they're the kind of games I like playing. There's a bit of crossover with the DC, like MvC2, Under Defeat, Psyvariar 2 (ok, that's an OG xbox game but it works on the 360) and a few Virtual On games - the twin stick 360 controller works like the arcade twin stick, plus the 360 version is a bit more balanced and nicer to play than the DC version - but the Cave (and other) shoot 'em ups and NAOMI ports that didn't make it to the DC are worth buying a modded 360 for if you don't want to emulate them. You can't get online (easily) on a modded 360 but that's fine by me, I have zero interest in playing any of the bilge that needs you be online.

DreamcoastBC
shadow

Post#16 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:18 pm

I have to go with the SNES for several reasons. I cut my teeth in arcades, so having Street Fighter II at home was a dream come true. For me, it has some of the best or most fun games of all time.

Here's a list of just some of the games, I can think of, that I spent countless hours playing:
Street Fighter II
Mortal Kombat
Killer Instinct
Clay Fighters
Super Mario World
Mario Kart
Mario RPG
Secret of Mana
Earthbound
Sunset Riders
TMNT 3
Captain Commando
Uniracers
Mega Man X

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#17 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:41 am

Intellivision.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Absurd
undertow

Post#18 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:16 am

Neo Geo. As a fan of 2D fighters nothing else comes close. Real Bout Fatal Fury Special and King of Fighters '95 are probably my favourite fighters of all time, closely followed by SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos and World Heroes 1.

However, I don't understand the love that Garou: Mark of the Wolves receives. Yes, it looks pretty-ish but it plays like a turd, everything screams dull, tedious and been there done that gameplay. It's even worse than Art of Fighting 3! (shudders at the very thought of ever having to play AoF 3 again)

beanboy
Wazza

Post#19 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:06 am

Gameboy wasn't in the list, so for me, it's a tie between either SNES and Gamecube for me.

I love Metroid Prime and Lost Kingdoms on the gamcube. And on snes I like SF2 World Warrior, SF2 Championship Edition, SF2 Hyper Fighting, Killer Instinct, Zelda, Mario games and SF Alpha 2, even though I like the SF2 games more than Alpha. :D

beatsetradio
shadow

Post#20 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:58 pm

Switch! It’s the first console I’ve had since the Dreamcast that actually gives me the same joy as the Dreamcast does