State of Sega

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderator: mazonemayu

Poll: Will SEGA go out of business?

Yes
6%
Possibly and highly likely but still a chance they won't
11%
Possibly however unlikely
17%
They will live on through another company due to being bought out
22%
NO FREAKING WAY!
44%
Total votes: 18

Nico0020
Crazy Taxi!

Re: State of Sega

Post#11 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:38 pm

SEGA is in the best shape they have been in since the Dreamcast failed. They still put out a rough game here and there, but their core franchises are strong. TBH, they are doing incredibly well as a 3rd party, especially considering where they came from post Genesis. Not to mention they are not just SEGA anymore and have some deeper pockets than most 3rd party companies in Japan from their arcade/pachinko business.

Compare SEGA to say Konami when it comes to making home console games, and its like two different worlds.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#12 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:12 am

Nico0020 wrote:SEGA is in the best shape they have been in since the Dreamcast failed. They still put out a rough game here and there, but their core franchises are strong. TBH, they are doing incredibly well as a 3rd party, especially considering where they came from post Genesis. Not to mention they are not just SEGA anymore and have some deeper pockets than most 3rd party companies in Japan from their arcade/pachinko business.

Compare SEGA to say Konami when it comes to making home console games, and its like two different worlds.

Your really said this best i agree 100% about them being in the best shape since the dreamcast..

Tarnish
chill

Post#13 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:42 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Your really said this best i agree 100% about them being in the best shape since the dreamcast..

Financially maybe (although in some of their games, they really seem to be cutting corners), too bad their software output just doesn't do anything for me these days.