Italians - I need your help! (Sega related)

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Roareye
Rank 9

Italians - I need your help! (Sega related)

Post#1 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:10 am

Hey guys, I'm looking for a particular Italian film. It was only released in Italy on VHS tape, and that's what I am looking for.

The film is called Cucciolo, it's from 1998 and stars Massimo Boldi as a man who never grew up. It's known to be an awful film, however it includes the only film footage of London's SegaWorld at the start of the movie. As I live in the UK, I can't seem to get a copy of the film here. Even searching eBay, the only copy on there is expensive and does not include a photograph so I do not trust it.

I'm happy to pay postage and costs for the tape. I just need a copy sent to me in the UK so that I can try and restore the footage. For those who don't know, I'm working on VHS TV Show restorations at the moment and I have a way of restoring them to 4K with very high quality results.

It would mean a lot to me, as I missed out on seeing this amazing location in person. By the time I was old enough to go myself, it was all gone. :(

:::EDIT:::
Here's two pages from my website on how the restoration looks, bear in mind these are all from a standard definition VHS source;
http://www.cyberpunkstudios.co.uk/gamesmaster
http://www.cyberpunkstudios.co.uk/cyberrazorcut
The first is a TV show called GamesMaster, the second is the SEGA 1992 UK Mega Drive advert called Cyber Razor Cut.

Sega RPG

Re: Italians - I need your help! (Sega related)

Post#2 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:44 am

Hi, this is an auction for an original cucciolo vhs in good conditions, they are listing international shipping so you can try to ask them, you might never know

Are you really needing a vhs?wouldn't a downloaded copy be the same?

In case this is the auction...

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayIS ... spheader=1

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#3 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:58 am

247 wrote:Hi, this is an auction for an original cucciolo vhs in good conditions, they are listing international shipping so you can try to ask them, you might never know

That's the one that I mentioned in my post. There's no photograph and it costs about £30 with the postage. I don't want to spend £30 on an unseen item.

Are you really needing a vhs?wouldn't a downloaded copy be the same?

I've yet to find a download at as resolution as high as VHS, ironically. The best quality version I've found is one I've downloaded but it's 360p instead of 575i, and it suffers from fogging and macro-blocking where it's been rendered in a Youtube/stream quality mp4 file.

I'll take a lossless 575i or 575p download of the film, but it's not likely that such a file exists. Most people cap it out at 480p, and most of those are low quality video formats. At least with the VHS I can convert it to digital myself at a lossless quality and then restore it from there.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#4 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:37 am

Okay, I contacted that seller for some photos. It seems the tape itself is in good condition so I've bought it.

Thanks for your help though 247. £30 for about 5-10 minutes of film haha. I must be mental XD

Sega RPG

Post#5 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:33 pm

glad to have helped,

i spent 68€ for a 6 minutes record eh...