Does anyone know what game this image is from?

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

mr.kaeru
lithium

Does anyone know what game this image is from?

Post#1 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:52 am

Hi all,

Does any know what game this image is from?

It comes from this youtube video about the various Sega World game centers that existed in the UK. It seems that finding footage of the actual places was near impossible so the author used various Sega related illustrations, including this image of what looks like a game. Time stamp is 2:22.

The green robot-like characters kind of of remind me of Space Harrier... but couldn't find anything follow this lead.

Thanks

sgmx
dirty sailor

Re: Does anyone know what game this image is from?

Post#2 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:07 am

It looks like Planet harriers.

mr.kaeru
lithium

Post#3 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:37 am

Yes it is! Thanks a lot! Now the quest to find a way to play this begins ^^

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#4 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:31 am

There are two ways;

1) Play Planet Harriers trough emulation, you'll need a beefy PC and accept it won't be perfect.
2) Get a Hikaru (the arcade board this game runs on) + Planet Harriers rom board..... very expensive and high probability you'll receive the parts broken :O

mr.kaeru
lithium

Post#5 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:03 am

Oh neat! I'll definitely try to emulate it.

In the meantime I tracked down 2 game center that have it for sure. One 2 hours away from my place so I should be able to check it eventually. The same group has many more branches in Tokyo or near Tokyo and they don't list the "old" arcade games they have on their website so I'll go investigate.

Thanks!

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#6 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:25 am

mr.kaeru wrote:Oh neat! I'll definitely try to emulate it.

In the meantime I tracked down 2 game center that have it for sure. One 2 hours away from my place so I should be able to check it eventually. The same group has many more branches in Tokyo or near Tokyo and they don't list the "old" arcade games they have on their website so I'll go investigate.

Thanks!
I've been looking for this game for years but have never found it in the wild. What game center did you find that has it?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

mr.kaeru
lithium

Post#7 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:00 am

Nico0020 wrote:I've been looking for this game for years but have never found it in the wild. What game center did you find that has it?

Based on this tweet, it was in this Round 1 Game Center in Saitama earlier this month. So I'm assuming it should still be there.

Then I checked the list of games that this branch claims to have on the Round 1 website, but they don't seem to be listing old games, only the recent stuff.

I could also track down older tweets about other Round 1 game centers nationwide as having the machine so there are some chances that other Round 1 branches have it. The first I want to check is the big one in Odaiba's DiverCity.

Before going I'll try my luck contacting Round 1 over twitter or by email to see if they would tell me which branch has the machine.

mr.kaeru
lithium

Post#9 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:41 am

Awesome, thanks a lot. I'll definitely give this a look. :)