Sonic franchise

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Poll: What is your favorite sonic game?

Sonic Adventure
38%
Sonic Adventure 2
51%
Sonic Heroes
No votes
Sonic 06?
3%
Sonic Unleashed
3%
Secret Rings/Black Knight
3%
Sonic Colours
No votes
Sonic Generations
3%
Sonic Lost World
No votes
Sonic Forces
No votes
Total votes: 39

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Re: Sonic franchise

Post#11 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:19 am

I never really got the bad rap for sonic 06 other than the load times and it was a bit frustrating sometimes. I definitely thought it was better than heroes

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#12 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:39 am

Krootox1986 wrote:I never really got the bad rap for sonic 06 other than the load times and it was a bit frustrating sometimes. I definitely thought it was better than heroes

I guess not everybody is turned off by the weird artistic choice of going with realistic humans, soft bestiality between Elise and Sonic, the bland artstyle and layout of the stages and environments, the horrible, nearly broken controls and physics engine, dozens of bugs and weird-ass plot with giant plotholes.

Roel
Developer

Post#13 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:50 am

Can I have an "I hate all of these" option, please?

I love the Mega Drive Sonic games though.

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Post#14 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:18 am

Tarnish wrote:I guess not everybody is turned off by the weird artistic choice of going with realistic humans, soft bestiality between Elise and Sonic, the bland artstyle and layout of the stages and environments, the horrible, nearly broken controls and physics engine, dozens of bugs and weird-ass plot with giant plotholes.

I honestly don't remember it being like that at all. Bearing in mind I haven't played it since it came out on the 360. I wanted to pick it up again but now that it's one of those meme games that everyone shits on they are charging way more than I'm willing to part with for the sake of curiosity

JC34
lithium

Post#15 » Sun May 17, 2020 12:41 pm

Going back to what Tarnish said about the newer Sonic games. I wanted to bring up the fact that 99.9% of the people who hate on SA2 say the speed stages are too linear? I'm not going to deny the fact that they are a bit linear. However, some of these people are the same people that say Sonic Generations and Colours are their favorite sonic games. These entries are about as linear as a sonic stage can get. You just go straight for most of the time with OCCASIONAL branching paths that are even more linear.

JC34
lithium

Post#16 » Sun May 17, 2020 3:05 pm

Also, I remain neutral on the topic of 06. I never played it and I couldn't play it because I never had a 360 or PS3 nor did I ever want one.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#17 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:44 pm

Tarnish wrote:
Krootox1986 wrote:I never really got the bad rap for sonic 06 other than the load times and it was a bit frustrating sometimes. I definitely thought it was better than heroes

I guess not everybody is turned off by the weird artistic choice of going.......

You're actually not the first person, to mention those things about that game.
Some gamers have even said, that the story doesn't make sense. :lol:

But that Elise and Sonic part, I heard about that from sonic fans. Major turn off dude. x_X
People still make jokes about it even to this day. :lol:

McGaffryson
undertow

Post#18 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:59 pm

You'd have to be crazy not to go with SA2. It's, like, everything that SA1 started and made better. Everything else after it was just a very slow downhill spiral from there.

Xiden
Developer

Post#19 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:32 pm

Favorite Sonic game is Sonic 3 & Knuckles Lock-on

Neo-dreamer
dark night

Post#20 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:27 am

Sonic 2 .