How much?

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Suraj Mayo
noob

How much?

Post#1 » Wed May 06, 2020 4:06 am

Hi there,
Does anyone know how much money it would take to make bleem perfect?
Could you tell me?
Thanks in advance

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: How much?

Post#2 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:04 am

PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:39 am

Ha good question. Our best bet is Ghidra.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12115

Also you need a few more posts to be able to see the section it is in, so just be active and you will be able to see the topic.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:35 pm

What would you need Rand linden no amount of money will do

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#5 » Wed May 06, 2020 6:57 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:What would you need Rand linden no amount of money will do

exactly.
but, rand has no interest in ever helping more than likely due to a bullshit nda by $ony.

Suraj Mayo wrote:Hi there,
Could you tell me?
Thanks in advance

perfect? rand created bleemcast to work for individual games..it is not a perfect emulator.
bleemcast was never designed to work perfectly for all psx games.
in order to make bleem beta, bleem retails more useable its up to the few in dc community that have the skills to work with sh4 asm.
as far as finding ppl that have reverse engineering skills, if you know where to find them pls invite them to this community.
seriously.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Wed May 06, 2020 7:45 pm

SMiTH wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:What would you need Rand linden no amount of money will do

exactly.
but, rand has no interest in ever helping more than likely due to a bullshit nda by $ony.

Suraj Mayo wrote:Hi there,
Could you tell me?
Thanks in advance

perfect? rand created bleemcast to work for individual games..it is not a perfect emulator.
bleemcast was never designed to work perfectly for all psx games.
in order to make bleem beta, bleem retails more useable its up to the few in dc community that have the skills to work with sh4 asm.
as far as finding ppl that have reverse engineering skills, if you know where to find them pls invite them to this community.
seriously.

Yeah would had to do builds suited to each game... Kind of what i have come to on Dreamneo even mame back in the day Just not going to get it to run ever game each game pushes it hardware more or less in other ways so when you do a standard settings it's going to show up how much each game uses the hardware more.. on hardware this is not as seen but on emulation it is..

Also when the emulator might be 80% speed it will play lots of games fullspeed because they dont push the hardware to 100%.. so those run 100%

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Wed May 06, 2020 8:27 pm

I still think the future lies within finding more games compatible with the retails. The old 2011 version of the retails hacked to skip disc check proved other games could be booted with analog and FMV's working, sadly saves still didn't for the games. When I was a moderator over at Theisozone I created a compatibility list for those 3 versions of the emulator. I didn't test nearly enough. I asked the community to help me out there and a few people tested out a lot of games.

Since TIZ is dead now I will link the old thread via waybackmachine.

http://web.archive.org/web/201808162256 ... =27&t=3665

If you read through the pages you can get a lot of information from it. But once Japanese_cake releases the Bleem retails with 100% of protections removed we can hope for megavolt85 to update Bleemshell for GDEMU and allow us to select the retail emulators as cores for even more increased compatibility.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#8 » Thu May 07, 2020 12:09 am

ian, i think that is what rand has said publicly that there was never a universal bleemcast emulator and those looking to find it will be disappointed.

anthony, i think you are 100 percent correct. hopefully japanese cake and megavolt can pull through with bleem! that would be a wonderful thing for sure.

serious though if any1 knows as to where to find people with reverse engineering skills pls get them to join dreamcast talk. we need as many folks as possible not only for bleem..game servers, game modifications, homebrew, working with old source code, new ideas. also it would be cool to have more folks around that are willing to discuss their ideas and theories with us.

Return to “Off Topic”