Yo

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

RugbyCarsBeer
noob

Yo

Post#1 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:32 pm

Hi all,

I’m a long term sega playing veteran who’s had a gaming midlife crisis, abandoning the Xbone and Sony joylesstation for some good old fashioned retro fun. Having worked my way through my megadrive/cd/32x and Saturn collections, next up on the list came my faithful old Dreamcast, not booted up since 2004 but still working a treat (plus the 70 odd game collection all look great on a 55” tv!!!).

Looking to get a dreampi up and running soon as I missed the DC online experience the first time around (dial up was so uncivilised and expensive), plus I am fascinated at the prospect of finding home brew games.

Look forward to meeting some of you on these boards and maybe in the games too.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Yo

Post#2 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:05 pm

Welcome to DC-Talk. Enjoy your time here. We will help you with getting online or any other question if we can.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:06 pm

Sup and welcome! I too am about to get my DC online as well for the first time in my life. Had the console in 2000-03, but my internet situation didn't get very good until 2005. I had sold mine in 2003, and didn't get another DC until 2009. So I completely missed it the first time around. I am about to get my Line Voltage Inducer soon, and will FINALLY be able to get my DreamPI setup. Got the Pi Zero in December, but only now about to get a LVI in the mail. I am pretty stoked for it!

I take it your DC is hooked up via VGA? I got mine hooked up to my 43" 2005 Pioneer Elite Plasma. It is both the best speaker setup on a stock TV and best HDTV for retro gaming I have ever owned since it makes 2D games look amazing on the screen, not to mention the 3D games as well. ;)

RugbyCarsBeer
noob

Post#4 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:11 pm

I have an RGB upscaler so I can get all the old consoles running at a faux 720p, complete with scanlines to keep the crt feel. Which is awesome when playing schmups. It is also apparent that classics like Daytona and capcom v snk still look the business.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:42 pm

Dawh poppycock save not simulate the boobtubes

I mean welcome!!! =}

sifacus
noob

Post#6 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:12 am

Welcome! I myself just got back online with the dc a couple weeks ago and its been great. You'll mostly see me playing phantasy star. If you have any issues with setup (which is pretty easy) hit me up. I just went through it all and should be able to help if you get stuck. Hope to see you out there.

Sifacus

Sega1Dream
Donated

Post#7 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:30 pm

Anthony817, I also have a 42" Pionner Elite! Hands down, is the best TV for games and sports. Colors look so awesome on it!!! I'm scared for the day it finally decides to stop working. It has been my favorite TV since I purchased it.

Anthony817 wrote:Sup and welcome! I too am about to get my DC online as well for the first time in my life. Had the console in 2000-03, but my internet situation didn't get very good until 2005. I had sold mine in 2003, and didn't get another DC until 2009. So I completely missed it the first time around. I am about to get my Line Voltage Inducer soon, and will FINALLY be able to get my DreamPI setup. Got the Pi Zero in December, but only now about to get a LVI in the mail. I am pretty stoked for it!

I take it your DC is hooked up via VGA? I got mine hooked up to my 43" 2005 Pioneer Elite Plasma. It is both the best speaker setup on a stock TV and best HDTV for retro gaming I have ever owned since it makes 2D games look amazing on the screen, not to mention the 3D games as well. ;)

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:37 pm

Haha hell yeah! Even though it is an older HDTV now, the colors indeed are some of the best. Especially those black levels! The speakers on it though, man they are hands down the best on any stock TV I have ever heard. It is a Pioneer, king of audio so it is no wonder! A shame they don't make TV's anymore...

I was lucky, I was given this from my friend a few years when he upgraded. He had gotten it from his cousin, and when I did research on this set I was stunned to see they cost $10,000 USD new back in 2005! They are quality TV's for sure to last what, 14 years now? When most early plasma's and LCD's suffered from short life spans.

Return to “Off Topic”