Word up, new Friendos!

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

LilInstigator
noob

Word up, new Friendos!

Post#1 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:29 am

'ay guys, I just recently picked up one of those Dreampi thingamajigs, and will be setting it up very soon. I currently have PSO, Quake III, and Alien Front Online to play. I know there's some hoops I have to jump through to get PSO working properly before going online with it, so hopefully that'll move forward pretty easily.

So if you're curious about other details: I'm a technical support weenie from West Virginia. I have a dog. I'm going through the motions at this moment to buy a house. My favorite game consoles are the Saturn, Dreamcast, and any 80's Atari console.

Looking forward to playing with everyone!

Sega RPG

Re: Word up, new Friendos!

Post#2 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:33 am

welcome, looking forward to see you online (even if i have european times)

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:18 pm

Fuckin spectacular man! Pooches.. wittle bears.. my life

Put your gateway IP your router IP into your web browser and find DMZ feature! You want to DMZ your Dreamcast's IP addy

If you're unsure you could dial-in Quake 3 and briefly it tells you it

EDIT: Ha! I thought I read AFO but yes needs ports

Get Ives' PSO torrent Downloads>PSO DC Ives Pack 2.0 Torrent, it's a technical breakthrough as when mates join you your game does not freeze, also highly optimized filesort, your drive will love you for this! And with sweet JVC Taiyo Yuden CD-R

DreamPi!!! Welcome

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#4 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:27 pm

Welcome!

I think the only hoop I had to jump through to play PSO is burn the sylverant patcher disc and put that in before playing. Only works for retail copies though, for burned copies just do what mistamontiel says.

LilInstigator
noob

Post#5 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:11 am

I have a retail copy, but I'm not sure if it's it's 1.0 or not.

Funny that you would call dogs little bears - mine is more of a weenie. He's half black lab and half dachsund.

And not related at all, but you said bears - I have Bentley Bear from Crystal Castles (Atari) and PJ Berri (Parappa the Rapper) tattooed on my arms.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:51 am

t33h33

Yeh man black labradors for me n I love rotties but I am terrified of them o.0 How to raise one..

PSOv2 the way to be, and PSO runs by Sylverant, having your own SNAK (serial number+access key) is encouraged. The sticker underneath where the GD sit always have that handy

I played the GD for a week and I had to stop boot discing and I had to get Ives! I feel sorry for those who loaded like hundreds of chars in the lobby in its official life, the laser grinds are obnoxiously damning!

Doge face!

Return to “Off Topic”