Watching Any Classic Animated Tv Shows?

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Watching Any Classic Animated Tv Shows?

Post#1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:26 am

Weird topic but iv been watching lots of shows from my childhood and man has it been a blast!

Of course iv never stopped watching all the Disney shows iv gown up with after all these years but the last month or so iv been getting back into Tiny Toons & Animaniacs and i had forgotten how great these where! So many of the jokes and references went over my head back in the day and i constantly crack up now!

Watching these also reminds me how much i miss hand drawn cell animation, these two shows had some of the highest cell count of any tv show and its just a joy to watch, make's me realize how much i took for granted all these shows back in the day :lol:
Again weird topic but i thought it be fun to talk about since im sure many of these shows we watched as kids or adults! 8-)

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Re: Watching Any Classic Animated Tv Shows?

Post#2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:07 am

My personal favorite has to be SWAT Kats, tho not sure if it can be called a classic since it was never too popular and was short lived. There's something about it that just really struck a chord with me. Not really sure what, as I'm not really a cat lover, or into airplanes/jets. The animation, especially the 2nd season was really awesome tho.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#3 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:06 am

Tarnish wrote:My personal favorite has to be SWAT Kats, tho not sure if it can be called a classic since it was never too popular and was short lived. There's something about it that just really struck a chord with me. Not really sure what, as I'm not really a cat lover, or into airplanes/jets. The animation, especially the 2nd season was really awesome tho.

Have never heard of that one, will have to look into it! :mrgreen:

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#4 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:39 am

itsthinkingstill wrote:
Tarnish wrote:My personal favorite has to be SWAT Kats, tho not sure if it can be called a classic since it was never too popular and was short lived. There's something about it that just really struck a chord with me. Not really sure what, as I'm not really a cat lover, or into airplanes/jets. The animation, especially the 2nd season was really awesome tho.

Have never heard of that one, will have to look into it! :mrgreen:

Heh, like I said, wasn't exactly popular. Also it's more on the edgy action side than humor, so it might not be your cup of tea.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#5 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:41 pm

no.. not currently regularly watching any old cartoons...

every so often something will pop up in my YT feed and Ill watch it...

Green Ranger
killer

Post#6 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:15 pm

I have a bunch of VHS tapes with recorded tv shows and commercials from the 90's. Whenever I want to go back in time I pop them in the player and enjoy. Shows like Eek! The Cat, The Tick, Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego, Dog City, Spider-Man, Earthworm Jim, Chip N Dale's Rescue Rangers, etc (to name a few). ;)

I also have these 80's cartoons on DVD- Dungeons & Dragons, The Real Ghostbusters, Defenders Of The Earth, Gummi Bears, Silverhawks, Duck Tales, Inhumanoids, Robocop and the Ruby Spears Superman series.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#7 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:40 pm

i started collecting cartoon dvds from the 80s and early 90s several years ago..i have all 4 seasons of transformers...season 1 of gijoe, silverhawks,season 1 of thundercats, the real ghostbusters, theres a few others but i'm too fat to look

chrislee201524
noob

Post#8 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:09 pm

I going to have go with AVATAR The Last Airbender. A deep and immersive world populated by incredibly well fleshed out characters (from the main characters to the villian in the one off episodes) full of humour and dynamic action and a moral center lacking in even the best shows for adults. I'm on my 4th time watching this series and I still love it. So enduring is it's appeal that even the second series Legend of Korra though a shadow of the original series still benefits greatly from it's connections to the original. Watch it! It's amazing!

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#9 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:02 pm

if anyone has a link to some episodes of Mighty Max that are higher quality than the ones on youtube, that'd be great!! Other than that been rewatching the x-men series from the 90's!
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#10 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:15 pm

Star Trek (1974), Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life and Spectacular Spider-Man. Occasionally, Spider-Man from 1966, Iron-Man anime mini-series and Iron-Man Armored Adventures.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs