State of Sega

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Poll: Will SEGA go out of business?

Yes
5%
Possibly and highly likely but still a chance they won't
5%
Possibly however unlikely
15%
They will live on through another company due to being bought out
17%
NO FREAKING WAY!
58%
Total votes: 60

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Re: State of Sega

Post#31 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:06 am

danielwest wrote:
Nemu wrote:
dark wrote:Many of the people who grew up with their classic franchises and consoles in the 90s are no longer following/buying video games.fm whatsapp

But that doesn't explain why series like Mario and Pokemon are still popular. Perhaps SEGA has failed/is failing to attract new players.

May be the explanation is that SEGA doesn't provide it's user's that satisfaction by it's franchise's which Mario and Pokemon franchise's still providing...

I certainly can't remember for example when was the last Sonic game they made that I genuenly enjoyed.

I mean I can remember, it's just that it has been ages ago, with Sonic Heroes.

Xiden
Developer

Post#32 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:27 am

Sonic Mania was awesome

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Post#33 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:33 am

yeah idk I think there are a few games still made that are still good. TotalWar for example is a really great game. They also made HumanKind which is so-so from what I understand. Bayonetta 3 is planned. Vaklyria Chronicles I think could easily compete if they continue the core of the game 4 was great for re introduction. But I think a lot of companies are trying to figure out how to maintain some older IPs or fit them in. I still need to test out PSO2, it does well at-least in japan. Western release took to long and then they used the microsoft store instead of steam or epic for launch. Hell the game I have the most fun with right now is Omega Strikers just need to go back to basics of making games fun. Open world sonic could be fun but what also made BotW fun was adding a durability factor.
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#34 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:57 pm

Xiden wrote:Sonic Mania was awesome

Late reply, but whatever.

Sure, after all the crap Sonic Team gave us, Sonic Mania was a breath of fresh air.

The thing with it tho, is it was more of a throwback than anything. It would have been an awesome game...on the SEGA Saturn in 1994-95. Which if I recall reading was how the developers intended it. It was not a "Let's finally bring Sonic to the 21st century and show the world the full potential of what Sonic game can be". It was a throwback with tons of memberberries and a few new things thrown in.

Same goes for Streets of Rage 4. Would have loved it if it was released in the mid 90s, but in the 2020s, I want/expect a bit more from beat em ups.

Xiden
Developer

Post#35 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:39 pm

Tarnish wrote:
Xiden wrote:Sonic Mania was awesome

Late reply, but whatever.

Sure, after all the crap Sonic Team gave us, Sonic Mania was a breath of fresh air.

The thing with it tho, is it was more of a throwback than anything. It would have been an awesome game...on the SEGA Saturn in 1994-95. Which if I recall reading was how the developers intended it. It was not a "Let's finally bring Sonic to the 21st century and show the world the full potential of what Sonic game can be". It was a throwback with tons of memberberries and a few new things thrown in.

Same goes for Streets of Rage 4. Would have loved it if it was released in the mid 90s, but in the 2020s, I want/expect a bit more from beat em ups.

Meh its about art style + gameplay to me. Not all games have to look next gen to be good. Streets of rage 4 imo was exactly what it needed to be. If you want a good next gen sonic game try sonic frontiers out

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#36 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:02 am

Xiden wrote:Meh its about art style + gameplay to me. Not all games have to look next gen to be good. Streets of rage 4 imo was exactly what it needed to be. If you want a good next gen sonic game try sonic frontiers out

I agree with you that it's about art style + gameplay and that not all games have to look next gen. Some of my favorite games are indie games that in no way look next gen. But those were exactly my issues with Sonic Mania and Steerts of Rage 4. The art style wasn't an issue (tho Mania looked straight something out of out of 1994-95), it was the gameplay. It was 90% what we already knew and experienced, very little if any new additions and innovation on the formula to keep things fresh despite being 25+ years in the making in regards to SOR4.

And regarding Sonic Frontiers, I did try it out. And it's the biggest disappointment any Sonic game ever delivered. I have zero clue why anyone would praise it, as it continues the trend of removing and redefining everything that made Sonic special and stand out in the first place. Not only is it now 'meh' in every aspect, it's also a time waster on top of it.

SEGA has this weird thing of going in a far, weird extreme of completely re-imagening Sonic, only for then to later go in the other extreme where they go too far back, basically just rehashing and copy-pasting the old games (although with Sonic Team, they can't even do that properly...just look at Sonic 4), and they keep going back and forth between these two extremes. They never go back to the roots, AND actually build on them that would actually expand on the experience and make sense to me. Becasue I believe there is so much more they could do with even the 2D formula than Mania did.

Gabbyjay
lithium

Post#37 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:20 am

I was so sad to see the Sega Arcade-buildings in Akihabara closing down one after the other... that is some piece of gaming history for me that is gone forever. :(

hatakerandy
noob

Post#38 » Wed May 17, 2023 5:48 am

After the release of Sonic game on PC, I don't think, it will happen.
Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
. Sholom Aleichem

Norita12
noob

Post#39 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:05 am

SEGA is not going out of business. Not possible. It will rise again with its 12 new games that it will release in 2023-2024.gb whatsapp download

LucaJones
noob

Post#40 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:28 am

Sega is well-established, and there have been no indications of it going out of business.
Hi, I am LucaFM WhatsApp