Why is the Dreampipe BBS so inactive?

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Londinium
dirty sailor

Why is the Dreampipe BBS so inactive?

Post#1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:41 am

[url]bb.dreampipe.net[/url]

Barely anybody posts over there, which always struck me as odd. The site has 1000+ registered users, but currently 99% of those accounts are ghosts and/or abandoned. Even the admin left, just fell off the face of the earth.

I'll just assume everyone moves over the dreamcast-talk sooner or later, but it's a shame nobody posts.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Neo-dreamer
dark night

Re: Why is the Dreampipe BBS so inactive?

Post#2 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:06 pm

I visit the site once in a while but it's so dead over there.
Kind of a shame.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#3 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:05 pm

A mystery that i hope does not have a bad ending.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

VKNIGHT20
core

Post#4 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:25 pm

It was really just a novelty. It was cool to post something from the Dreamcast once again, but really not much outside of that. There’s an overabundance of other forums already out there, even ones that you can post from the Dreamcast to.
John 3:16

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#5 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:02 am

I have a dreampipe account and I've never even thought about using it to post on the discussion board. I made it because it's required for many features on the various game websites. That might help explain why it has so many users who never post anything.

Xiden
Developer

Post#6 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:51 am

VKNIGHT20 wrote:It was really just a novelty. It was cool to post something from the Dreamcast once again, but really not much outside of that. There’s an overabundance of other forums already out there, even ones that you can post from the Dreamcast to.

This exactly. It's just a message board compatible with dreamcast, its mostly a late 90s nostalgia thing. It is also utilized with some other dreamcast websites like Sonic Adventure for example as its message board. It's never been the main hub of anything though like dctalk.