Panasonic blu ray player model DMP-BD35 problem

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

JC34
lithium

Panasonic blu ray player model DMP-BD35 problem

Post#1 » Sat May 01, 2021 6:00 pm

So I just bought a used Panasonic blu ray/dvd player for 5 bucks at a garage sale. It did not come with a remote. The seller told me that the unit does work so I came home and immediately tried it out. DVDs work fine but blu rays have a problem. My unit will read the disc but when I press play using the buttons on the unit, it won’t play. I was wondering if the buttons on this player were only for dvds and the remote was for blu rays? Is the latter true or is my player just broken? Also the discs are not the problem because they work on my PS4 and I have been using component as my output.

dark
Shark Patrol

Re: Panasonic blu ray player model DMP-BD35 problem

Post#2 » Sat May 01, 2021 8:35 pm

I don't know the answer to your specific questions, but I think combo DVD and bluray players use different lenses for the DVD and the bluray, so it could be that the DVD components work fine but the bluray components are broken or need to be cleaned.

JC34
lithium

Post#3 » Sun May 02, 2021 9:49 pm

Thanks for the information. I’m gonna take it to Best Buy and ask some questions about it.

game_player_s
Graffiti Grind

Post#4 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:21 pm

This is actually a very common failure of Blu-Ray players in general, the Blu-Ray laser hardware is very prone to failures which will render the player only able to playback CDs and DVDs. The fix for this would have been better engineering, but Sony controls the Blu-Ray technology as they literally own it, and they'd much prefer your player be substandard for quality so you'll be forced to purchase a new one every year or two than to have a quality product that might outlive the commercial viability of the media format.
Now There are no Limits -- SEGA
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/

ChristinaDreamcustDC
blackout!

Post#5 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:05 am

JC34 wrote:So I just bought a used Panasonic blu ray/dvd player for 5 bucks at a garage sale. It did not come with a remote. The seller told me that the unit does work so I came home and immediately tried it out. DVDs work fine but blu rays have a problem. My unit will read the disc but when I press play using the buttons on the unit, it won’t play. I was wondering if the buttons on this player were only for dvds and the remote was for blu rays? Is the latter true or is my player just broken? Also the discs are not the problem because they work on my PS4 and I have been using component as my output.

I know this is an old topic, but I'll respond for other users...
I had the same problem as the TC. DVDs play with the play button, but not Blu-ray discs...annoying. Try to find a universal remote, like for a TV cable box, and program it according to instructions. Why Sony would make the Play button on the Blu-ray player work only for DVDs is beyond me. The laser could always be a problem, too, but more than likely, he is using the Blu-ray player Play button, not the remote Play button, which only works to play DVDs.

JC34
lithium

Post#6 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:39 am

Update, I found out my regular TV remote works with the player. So I don’t actually need a universal remote. Thank you to all the people who responded though.