XBAND Short Film

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Roareye
Rank 9

XBAND Short Film

Post#1 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:13 am

I've been writing and developing a short horror film called XBAND, based on the old 90s modem on the SNES, Genesis/Mega Drive and Saturn.

The short film itself is nearing the end of it's writing phase and will soon be shifting to production. This will be a very stylistic film, with retro/analog technology at it's core. More information can be found on my website here: https://www.cyberpunkstudios.co.uk/xband

As part of the build up to production, I've put together some videos about the real life XBAND service that you all might find interesting and/or entertaining. The first is a quick breakdown of XBAND as a service, and the second (released tonight at 5pm GMT - just over 3 hours from now) is a comical extra piece with deleted footage.

I hope you enjoy them. I look forward to hearing your comments ^_^

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: XBAND Short Film

Post#2 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:10 am

New XBAND behind the scenes video releases in 2 hours. I discuss some of the props in the film, specifically two CRT TVs and a portable LCD TV Radio. Hope you guys like it. It's not directly related to the modem, but old tech is fun to look at.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#3 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:25 pm

Can I rip these and release as a MIL-CD video?

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#4 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:00 pm

Congratulations Roareye on winning first place for one minute twist @ Sundance film festival with Turning Tide!

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#5 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:22 pm

mrneo240 wrote:Can I rip these and release as a MIL-CD video?

There's more to come, as well as the short film itself, but yeah. Feel free to make a MIL-CD of these extras ^_^

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#6 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:24 pm

-drez01- wrote:Congratulations Roareye on winning first place for one minute twist @ Sundance film festival with Turning Tide!

Thank you Drez!

It was Raindance Film Festival just as an FYI, and the short can be seen from my website
www.cyberpunkstudios.co.uk

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#7 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:34 am

First shot has been filmed for XBAND. There will likely be some additional production on this shot (as it is part of the intro titles) and there is a huge amount left to shoot. But thought this would whet some appetites on the filming of the short. There are some shoots required in early August, and then the bulk will be shot over 2/3 days in September.

Hope you like these preview shots, and there'll be more video extras to come.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:36 am

mrneo240 wrote:Can I rip these and release as a MIL-CD video?

I think thats great and other things like this

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#9 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:38 am

I was contemplating a Dreamcast Video release (and potentially a VCD for Sega Saturn owners) of this content. Though I'm no good at coding or modifying/creating discs for this purpose.

Return to “Off Topic”