For a long time now, I've always wanted to try out the fan game Blue Spheres Forever, an HD recreation of the special stages from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but I never had a computer that was powerful enough to run it. But, now that I got around to it, I finally got to try it out with my new laptop. And, well, I really like it.
Blue Sphere isn't a hard game to faithfully recreate, but this guy did a really good job at it. The main selling point (for me, at least) is that it includes a level editor so you can create your own special stages and share them on the Internet! And that's what I'm doing today. I think my level's okay, but you guys can download it and give your own opinions. Here's how to set it up:
1. Download Blue Spheres Forever here, then extract it:
2. Download the level here:
3. Put the level in the "data" folder inside the Blue Spheres Forever folder.
4. Launch the Blue Spheres Forever Editor, located in the game's folder.
5. In the editor, go to "File, Game Stages..."
6. In the new window, click "Add", then find the level in the "data" folder.
7. Hit OK, close out of the editor and launch the game.
8. At the title screen, go to "Custom Stages, Select Stage: 17, Start Game".
And there you go. Hope you like it!