Page 11 of 23

Re: (Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:37 pm
by shadowgangs
Hi everyone;

I am happy to confirm now the upcoming Shadow Gangs Dreamcast version!

I started doing this port around a month ago, and now I got the game running on the Dreamcast (NullDC emulator for now) with all the features of the PC version (apart Shadows, some reflection effects, and a slightly reduced colour palette and lower resolution than PC, but still 640*480 on the Dreamcast).

Now that this version is under control, I will go back now to PC version and continue the implementation of the remaining characters and levels etc...

Re: (Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:13 pm
by Wrath of Khan
shadowgangs wrote:Hi everyone;

I am happy to confirm now the upcoming Shadow Gangs Dreamcast version!

I started doing this port around a month ago, and now I got the game running on the Dreamcast (NullDC emulator for now) with all the features of the PC version (apart Shadows, some reflection effects, and a slightly reduced colour palette and lower resolution than PC, but still 640*480 on the Dreamcast).

Now that this version is under control, I will go back now to PC version and continue the implementation of the remaining characters and levels etc...

Great will there be another kickstarter campaign or is it self funded? I'm in for a Dc copy anyhow.

Re: (Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:52 pm
by shadowgangs
Wrath of Khan wrote:
shadowgangs wrote:Great will there be another kickstarter campaign or is it self funded? I'm in for a Dc copy anyhow.

The game is self funded, but there will be a possibility for another Kickstarter to help with the developments costs and get a base of beta testers, I value feedback a lot!.

Re: (Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:44 pm
by shadowgangs
Hi everyone;

Some good news about Shadow Gangs, the first phase of characters creation is nearly finished.

All of the characters and bosses are done. With this phase finished there will be a new fix phase to revamp the main character, and the next big phase which I have been waiting for for a long time, the levels.

There is more info on the website, on which I put 2 new sections with the full minions and bosses list.

Re: (Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:49 am
by Wrath of Khan
This is looking kick ass. Dan, the central player character has been completely redrawn. He looks badass now. This is going to be one of the best indie dc games in a long long time methinks.

Re: (Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:01 am
by FlorreW
It is looking promising ! The new Dan looks mush better. This will be a must have game on my list (Dreamcast version ofc)

Re: (Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:49 pm
by shadowgangs
Wrath of Khan wrote:This is looking kick ass. Dan, the central player character has been completely redrawn. He looks badass now. This is going to be one of the best indie dc games in a long long time methinks.

Thanks Adrian;

We'll make it work, and it won't be released unless it shines in every area!

I was planning not to make any more new music public, but this one is so good it there is more reasons to publish it now than to keep it away for another year while the game is getting done.

You can listen to it here:

Re: (Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:53 pm
by Anonymouse
Sounds pretty good. A little bit of compression and mastering will make it a bit more grungy.

Re: (Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:36 am
by mazonemayu
man, that tune has 80's & early 90's written all over it...reminds a bit of stuff like Crime Fighters...I love it

Re: (Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:00 am
by DarkSynbios
The song bring back memories from 90's. Keep your good work man! :)