(Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Poll: Do you like the look of Dan the hero of Shadow Gangs

Yes, keep him as he is
66%
He look better in long Jeans (like Cody in final fight)
34%
Total votes: 29

shadowgangs
Doom

Re: Shadow Gangs, 80's arcade inspired ninja game.

Post#11 » Wed May 25, 2016 6:28 am

androiddreamcast wrote:Seriously the music is fucking amazing , I think this game even though it's a demo would have been a classic had it been released in the 80s-early 90s . I like the way the music just plays continuously on the kickstarter page (in game)

Thank you.
The musician of Shadow Gangs is one of the team members I have real respect for.
If you beat the demo, you'll listen to a new music, the end game one.

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#12 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:29 am

Hey good luck with the game man, it looks and sounds great! I gave you a vote on Greenlight. What engine are you using?

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#13 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:37 am

segata sanshiro wrote:Hey good luck with the game man, it looks and sounds great! I gave you a vote on Greenlight. What engine are you using?

Thank you :)
Still far from getting greenlit but every vote counts.
It's in C++, custom made engine.

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#14 » Wed May 25, 2016 10:24 am

I got my game greenlit much before reaching top 100, the highest i got was 68%. I think the trick is keeping it above 50% for certain amount of time.

Good that it's a custom engine, that way with help of others you could really port it to DC, check out Tulio or Chui, they know a lot and might actually help you!

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#15 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:58 pm

segata sanshiro wrote:I got my game greenlit much before reaching top 100, the highest i got was 68%. I think the trick is keeping it above 50% for certain amount of time.

I hope it gets there one day. It is still at 20-25%

segata sanshiro wrote:Good that it's a custom engine, that way with help of others you could really port it to DC, check out Tulio or Chui, they know a lot and might actually help you!

Thanks for the suggestions, I had a chat with a programmer that is willing to explore the dreamcast and port the game to it.
There will be a Dreamcast version! (if Kick is a success).

Just to say that I received enough feedback about the difficulty being too hard even in easy mode, so I added 3 more checkpoints on all difficulty modes, and lessened the number of dangerous situations in easy mode.

It should be an easy ride now.
(In easy, other modes are still challenging).

New demo version available at the same place here.

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#16 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:41 pm

shadowgangs wrote:I hope it gets there one day. It is still at 20-25%

Mine took around a month, at the end it was dropping percentages each day and exactly on the morning that i was seriously considering abandoning the whole thing (after losing the last tear of hope), i got the email from Steam :P

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#17 » Fri May 27, 2016 5:28 am

segata sanshiro wrote:
shadowgangs wrote:I hope it gets there one day. It is still at 20-25%

Mine took around a month, at the end it was dropping percentages each day and exactly on the morning that i was seriously considering abandoning the whole thing (after losing the last tear of hope), i got the email from Steam :P

Shadow Gangs is still around 20-25%, unless there is at least 300 new votes it won' reach the 50%.

Having a Steam presence will be good, if not it's not the end of the world.
I am not sure there is big benefits to be on Steam for this game at least.

But a successful Kickstarter on the other hand is very important.

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#18 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:00 pm

Hi everyone;

I uploaded a new video of me playing in hard mode with melee only (mostly, one miss near the end), and no deaths.

The game also had a speed increase for Dan (and some enemies to keep the balance), as well as sharper melee attacks.
I think it plays much better than before.
Many other fixes has gone in.

In relation to the kickstarter, Dan in ninja form will have an assault rifle as projectile weapon, I think it's much better this way than having some kind of fire shuriken or super shuriken or the like which was my original intention.

Here is the video that I wanted to do before the kickstarter to show the game potential more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRUY-PzgsH4

I wanted also to say that I will personally handle the Dreamcast version if the stretch goal to it is reached in the kickstarter.

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#19 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:38 am

Hi;
I would like to know if there is an interest in the Dreamcast version from the community here? I am preparing for the Kickstarter and I am not sure if I keep the Dreamcast stretch goal.

The Dreamcast version is a very niche thing, and would like to know if you guys here are interested and possibly how many of you actually are?

Currently I put the Dreamcast stretch goal between the full game experience and the console versions, but if there is no sign of desire for this version I will remove the Dreamcast stretch goal to keep the funding costs down.

Let me know please here if anyone is actually interested in seeing Shadow Gangs on the Dreamcast;

Thank you.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#20 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:25 pm

Maybe you could add a poll to this thread and change the thread title to " Shadow gangs, 80's arcade ninja game for Dreamcast?.

I'm interested in a copy for Dreamcast and will pledge- we get a lot of shmups and this is something different.