Ultrapro's new PC!!

Talk about PC and Mac games, etc. here.
User avatar
cOcOoO
Ore hitori de, juubun da
Posts: 387

Re: Ultrapro's new PC!!

Post#71 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:08 pm

nnorton44 wrote:Tom's Hardware has a Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart which also helps when picking a new card. Also provides a great resource for determining how much performance is to be expected and how it compares to other cards.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html


while this is correct and helps a lot, it isn't the best tool available. The best tool is KNOWLEDGE.

For nVidia cards, the first digit is the series of the card, the second digit is the "card quality" (the higher the better, for those that don't give a shit or don't understand) and the third digit injdicates if it's an upgrade of the original board or not (it's always 0 or 5. If it's 5 it's generally better)

For ATI/AMD cards, the first digit is the series of the card, the second is the "card name", which denotes de quality of the card, from 0 to 6 are low budget cards, 7 is for low profile gaming, 8 is for gamers and 9 is for EXTREME gamers (if you want to run anything in ultra settings @1080p in 3 simultaneous monitors you should get one or 2 of these), and the third and fourth digits the configuration of the card. IE: the radeon 4850 uses the R700 GPU architecture, it has 800 stream processors, 512 MB of GDDR3 memory with a 256 bit memory bandwith interface (aka bus), while the latter radeon 4870 is exactly the same card but it uses GDDR5 memory instead of GDDR3.

Note that this info only reflects the base specs for the cards, meaning that only original cards sold by ATI/AMD and nVidia have these specs, while special cards manufactured by other companies may have other specs and even other form factors and special editions, such as VAPOR-X for ATI/AMD cards made by Sapphire and Synergy Editions for nVidia cards manufactured by (the very, very shitty company called) Zotac.
(>'-')>=|======> t('.'t)


Image

ImageImageImage


PSO char:
Alegrina!
Lvl. 44
HUnewearl
REDRIA

User avatar
DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Posts: 2178
Contact:

Re: Ultrapro's new PC!!

Post#72 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:24 am

ok I'm going to be as blunt as I can be, who the fuck rattled your cage? I'm sorry but where in this thread did I ever suggest that I know huge amounts of technical stuff about motherboards? seriously this place has gone really down hill, used to be you could talk about something you didn't know about without worrying about some bastard saying "you don't know shit" SO WHAT if I dont... how the fuck do people learn if they don't ask a question?

do me a favour and don't ever respond to my posts again, I'm more than willing to accept when my understanding of something is wrong but I don't need to be talked to like a complete c*%^ by anyone
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Image
Check out my youtube channel!http://www.youtube.com/user/Antonyv1982?feature=mhee

User avatar
cOcOoO
Ore hitori de, juubun da
Posts: 387

Re: Ultrapro's new PC!!

Post#73 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:17 am

DCUltrapro wrote:ok I'm going to be as blunt as I can be, who the fuck rattled your cage? I'm sorry but where in this thread did I ever suggest that I know huge amounts of technical stuff about motherboards? seriously this place has gone really down hill, used to be you could talk about something you didn't know about without worrying about some bastard saying "you don't know shit" SO WHAT if I dont... how the fuck do people learn if they don't ask a question?

do me a favour and don't ever respond to my posts again, I'm more than willing to accept when my understanding of something is wrong but I don't need to be talked to like a complete c*%^ by anyone


chill out dude, i've said this:

don't take this personal, or even as an attack, but you don't seem to know shit.


so, don't take it personal or even as an attack, please. i've told you how to indentify video cards, is that bad?

and yes, that's how i usually communicate with people, get over it.
(>'-')>=|======> t('.'t)


Image

ImageImageImage


PSO char:
Alegrina!
Lvl. 44
HUnewearl
REDRIA

User avatar
nnorton44
Doom
Posts: 192

Re: Ultrapro's new PC!!

Post#74 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:51 am

cOcOoO wrote:
nnorton44 wrote:Tom's Hardware has a Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart which also helps when picking a new card. Also provides a great resource for determining how much performance is to be expected and how it compares to other cards.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html


while this is correct and helps a lot, it isn't the best tool available. The best tool is KNOWLEDGE.

Yeah obviously knowledge is the best tool but the average consumer doesn't want to learn about graphics cards they just want the best performance per $.

I am getting ready to build a new rig in the next couple months I think I am gonna go with the newly released GTX 660 Ti 2GB. It sips power and offers excellent performance, and I need a card with DX11, 3D Support, and HDMI 1.4.

My other choice would be a Radeon 7850/7870.

User avatar
cOcOoO
Ore hitori de, juubun da
Posts: 387

Re: Ultrapro's new PC!!

Post#75 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:40 pm

I would go with the radeon 7870, it's almost the highest card of the series, while the 660 has a long way up... and radeons are known for less power consumption.
(>'-')>=|======> t('.'t)


Image

ImageImageImage


PSO char:
Alegrina!
Lvl. 44
HUnewearl
REDRIA

User avatar
DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Posts: 2178
Contact:

Re: Ultrapro's new PC!!

Post#76 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Just because you say "dont take this the wrong way or as an attack" that doesn't excuse you from being an arsehole afterwards
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Image
Check out my youtube channel!http://www.youtube.com/user/Antonyv1982?feature=mhee

User avatar
cOcOoO
Ore hitori de, juubun da
Posts: 387

Re: Ultrapro's new PC!!

Post#77 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:05 pm

i'm an asshole? you haven't spent much time on the internet, it seems. man, seriously, you take this shit too seriously... let it go already.

Image
(>'-')>=|======> t('.'t)


Image

ImageImageImage


PSO char:
Alegrina!
Lvl. 44
HUnewearl
REDRIA

User avatar
everynewday84
Nemesis
Posts: 633

Re: Ultrapro's new PC!!

Post#78 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:07 pm

DCUltrapro wrote:Just because you say "dont take this the wrong way or as an attack" that doesn't excuse you from being an arsehole afterwards

Agreed.
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.
Image

User avatar
DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Posts: 2178
Contact:

Re: Ultrapro's new PC!!

Post#79 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:51 am

cOcOoO wrote:i'm an asshole? you haven't spent much time on the internet, it seems. man, seriously, you take this shit too seriously... let it go already.

Image


sorry, HOW old are you? I've been using the internet since 96 and I can tell you that the majority of people out there aren't just rude and nasty for the sake of it, and I'm pretty sure if you speak to people on this forum they will say that 98% of people treat each other with a certain amount of respect.

For instance if I came on here and saw a thread where you perhaps said something wrong or made a tiny error I wouldn't start out by saying "pardon me for saying so but your talking shit" I'd say something like "I think if you check you'll find that this is the answer" or something like that

anyway your right its not important, I shouldn't have lowered myself to your "who cares, its the internet, I can say what the fcuk I like to people" way of thinking when I responded in anger and I apologise
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Image
Check out my youtube channel!http://www.youtube.com/user/Antonyv1982?feature=mhee

User avatar
cOcOoO
Ore hitori de, juubun da
Posts: 387

Re: Ultrapro's new PC!!

Post#80 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:33 am

DCUltrapro wrote:sorry, HOW old are you?


23. It's in my profile.

DCUltrapro wrote:I've been using the internet since 96 and I can tell you that the majority of people out there aren't just rude and nasty for the sake of it, and I'm pretty sure if you speak to people on this forum they will say that 98% of people treat each other with a certain amount of respect.


so, we are measuring e-penis lenght now?

DCUltrapro wrote:For instance if I came on here and saw a thread where you perhaps said something wrong or made a tiny error I wouldn't start out by saying "pardon me for saying so but your talking shit" I'd say something like "I think if you check you'll find that this is the answer" or something like that


saying "you ARE talking shit" and "you don't seem to know shit" (emphasis on SEEM) and THEN explaining where you were mistaken are 2 COMPLETELY different things, as I personally see 'em.

DCUltrapro wrote:anyway your right its not important, I shouldn't have lowered myself to your "who cares, its the internet, I can say what the fcuk I like to people" way of thinking when I responded in anger and I apologise


Again, this is how I express myself. Should i've said "no, you are mistaken" and then explained shit? Yes, I sould have. But, you just took it as an attack and started flaming too. A nice, simple and clean "fuck you :)" would have avoided all of this drama. I apologize too, now you know how to deal with me :D
(>'-')>=|======> t('.'t)


Image

ImageImageImage


PSO char:
Alegrina!
Lvl. 44
HUnewearl
REDRIA

Return to “PC/Mac”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users