post your computer setups here

Talk about PC and Mac games, etc. here.
User avatar
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Posts: 5203
Contact:

Re: post your computer setups here

Post#11 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:06 am

Here it is (Prepare to be blown away :o ;) )

Manufacturer: Me
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition OC @2.8ghz
Memory: 4GB OCZ SLI-Ready Edition DDR2 800
Hard Drive: 250GB WD HDD + 750GB Seagate Barracuda SATA HDD
Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti 1024MB (Overclocked)
Monitor: ASUS MS236H 23" LCD Monitor
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio (Onboard)
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech Z-4 Speakers
Keyboard: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600
Mouse: Kensington K72356US Mouse-in-a-Box
Mouse Surface: A mousepad
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Motherboard: BIOSTAR A770 A2+
Computer Case: COOLER MASTER Centurion 534

Update 2/21/2012:

Upgraded graphics card.
Changed 90GB SSD to 250GB HDD (SSD was too unreliable)

Update 10/14/2012:

Major upgrade. See new specs here.
Last edited by pcwzrd13 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

TeamXlink
Rank 9
Posts: 952

Re: post your computer setups here

Post#12 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:56 am

CPU maker: Intel
CPU: Intel PENTIUM 4 3.0GHz/512/800 SL6WK
Motherboard: AOPEN MX4SGI-4DN2
Bios: Award PnP 4Mb Flash ROM BIOS
GPUmaker: ATI
Graphics Card: Saphire Radeon HD 3650
Memory: 3 GB (2x 1gb, 2x 512mb)
Hard Drive: 750 GB Hitachi DeskStar
Optical Drive: Memorex 5395-7446 16x DVD±RW DL NEC ND-3650A
Power Supply: 300 WAT
Display: Dell IN2020M
Case: Thermaltake LanBox VF1000BWS
Sound Card: Realtek AC'97 CODEC On-Board
Speakers: Surround Sound
Headphones: GameCom Plantronics
Mouse: Razor Naga
Mouse pad: Generic Black 10 1/4 inch MousePad
Keyboard: Generic Black Keyboard
Operating System: TinyXP Rev 09

Cooling
CPU: Cool Master
Graphics Card (GPU): Stock
Memory: None
Case: 3x 60mm 1x 90mm

User avatar
brourke228
Game Server Admin
Posts: 703

Re: post your computer setups here

Post#13 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:45 pm

OS: Windows 7 64bit
Case: Cooler Master Elite 330 Black
Motherboard: ASUS M4A77TD
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
Display: 720p 27" HDTV
Audio:
-ATI Radeon HDMI Audio
-VIA VT1708S (onboard)
-Diamond XS51 PCI
Speakers: Sony STRDG720
PS: 600 Watt
Disc Drive: LG 22X DVDRW
Mouse: Logitech MX610
Keyboard: Logitech K250
Storage:
- 500GB WD 7200rpm
- 500GB WD 7200rpm
- 250GB WD 5400rpm
- 160GB Seagate 5400rpm
Other:
- 56k Hardware PCI Modem
- Sabrent PCI Capture Card
Last edited by brourke228 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
brourke228

My Justin.tv My Youtube

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Barrys_Bapz
killer
Posts: 274

Re: post your computer setups here

Post#14 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:55 pm

I had 2 GTX 460 Graphics Cards but only one PCI ex, one 460 can play everything at full spec.

Without the GTX 460 the set up cost me just under £300 + glass desk £70 from lidl yo!

Image
Attachments
Barrys_Bapz.png
Image
THIS IS HOW IT ALWAYS ENDS

User avatar
aaron_yume
noob
Posts: 2

Re: post your computer setups here

Post#15 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:53 pm

Sadly I had to sell my old custom quad core desktop and now having to make do with an Acer 3810TG Notebook instead due to now being more or less a vagabond.

Specs are as follows:

Intel Core 2 Duo SU9400 1.4ghz (Overclocked to 2ghz)
4GB DDR 3 Ram @ 501mhz 6-6-6-15 Timings
ATI Mobility 4300 - 512mb GDDR3 450mhz GPU/600mhz Memory (Overclocked to 594/790)
[HDD0] 500GB 2.5" Internal
[HDD1] 320GB 2.5" External
[HDD2] 1TB 2.5" External
Windows 7 x64 - Home Premium

User avatar
nnorton44
Doom
Posts: 192

Re: post your computer setups here

Post#16 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:14 am

AMD X6 Hexacore 1055T @ 3.5GHz CPU
Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 USB3 Motherboard
8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair VENGEANCE
eVGA GTX 460 SE 1GB Video Card
Corsair Force 180GB SSD Boot Drive
4TB WD 7200RPM Storage
Acer 27" LED Monitor
Logitech G110 Keyboard
Razer Deathadder Mouse

Image
Last edited by nnorton44 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl
Posts: 529

Re: post your computer setups here

Post#17 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:48 pm

I built my computer bare bones for gaming and it still works perfectly with every game today. Keep in mind this computer would only cost about $400 to build and plays everything :D
i3 @ 2.8
4gigs DDR3
Radeon HD 5770 w/ 1gig
Windows 7 64 bit

I have a R.A.T. 7 gaming mouse and a Logitech G510 (which I actually don't care for as much as I thought I would :( )

User avatar
nnorton44
Doom
Posts: 192

Re: post your computer setups here

Post#18 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:24 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Here it is (Prepare to be blown away :o ;) )

Manufacturer: Me
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition OC @2.8ghz
Memory: 4GB OCZ SLI-Ready Edition DDR2 800
Hard Drive: 250GB WD HDD + 750GB Seagate Barracuda SATA HDD
Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti 1024MB (Overclocked)
Monitor: ASUS MS236H 23" LCD Monitor
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio (Onboard)
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech Z-4 Speakers
Keyboard: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600
Mouse: Kensington K72356US Mouse-in-a-Box
Mouse Surface: A mousepad
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Motherboard: BIOSTAR A770 A2+
Computer Case: COOLER MASTER Centurion 534

Update 2/21/2012:

Upgraded graphics card.
Changed 90GB SSD to 250GB HDD (SSD was too unreliable)

Nice graphics card. I have a GTX 460 SE now and was looking into getting a GTX 560 Ti too :twisted: Just a suggestion though, your CPU is a huge bottleneck on that graphics card....if you upgraded you could gain a significant increase as the card would be properly utilized.

As for your SSD issue I can understand that, I am guessing your probably had a Sandforce-based SSD? They seem to have had a lot of issues. If your looking for a solid SSD with great performance I would recommend the Samsung 830, which has a developed in-house chipset and has proven reliability. If not that then the Crucial M4. I personally have the Corsair Force 180GB, which is based on the Sandforce 22XX chipset and is running great. 525/MBs READ and 495/MBs WRITE on SATA III :mrgreen:
Last edited by nnorton44 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Posts: 5203
Contact:

Re: post your computer setups here

Post#19 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:29 pm

nnorton44 wrote:Just a suggestion though, your CPU is a huge bottleneck on that graphics card....if you upgraded you could gain a significant increase as the card would be properly utilized.


Oh I know. I will eventually but I'm fine for now. The graphics card upgrade gave me a big performance increase in games regardless. I'm able to play almost everything I throw at it on high settings (Including Crysis maxed out :D, which has been my goal for a long time).
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

User avatar
nnorton44
Doom
Posts: 192

Re: post your computer setups here

Post#20 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:33 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
nnorton44 wrote:Just a suggestion though, your CPU is a huge bottleneck on that graphics card....if you upgraded you could gain a significant increase as the card would be properly utilized.


Oh I know. I will eventually but I'm fine for now. The graphics card upgrade gave me a big performance increase in games regardless. I'm able to play almost everything I throw at it on high settings (Including Crysis maxed out :D, which has been my goal for a long time).

Yeah I just noticed you just got the card, nice choice because it will give more performance as your hardware advances.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PC/Mac”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users