Battlefield 3!!!

Talk about PC and Mac games, etc. here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Battlefield 3!!!

Post#1 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:11 pm

Finally announced!! Been waiting like 5 years for this game to come out. Release date is Fall 2011. All they have on the site is a stupid teaser trailer right now though.

http://www.ea.com/battlefield3/videos/bf3-teaser

On their blog it says this:

"This is it! We are very excited to announce the first details on Battlefield 3 and to kickstart the preorders for the Limited Edition!

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now.

Battlefield 3 will release this Fall. You can preorder the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition at http://www.battlefield.com now. The exact contents of the Limited Edition will be revealed around GDC.

Secure your copy of Battlefield 3 Limited Edition at http://www.battlefield.com

Stay tuned at http://www.twitter.com/battlefield and follow our Community Manager @zh1nt0 for the latest news and community happenings relating to Battlefield 3"

"There comes a time when we as a studio have to choose where to best put our efforts. At DICE we’re dedicated to taking care of our products after launch, and also hell bent on building new, innovative and high quality games.

In my day to day work, I look at our release schedule and the studio’s capacity, weighing them against our wild ambitions to create awesomeness. I often need to make hard calls regarding where we put the studio’s focus. Part of the challenge is to balance work on the new against the already shipped, prioritizing the amount of energy spent on the known franchises and the time spent on developing something entirely new.

This is one of those cross roads where I need to make a hard decision. While we’ll continue supporting Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and previous games, it’s time to look ahead to the next giant leap for DICE – the release of Battlefield 3, powered by the mighty Frostbite 2 engine. Our goal is crystal clear: we’re going to build the best Battlefield game ever, and we’ll do whatever it takes to make this the biggest launch in DICE’s history.

We know some of you eagerly have been awaiting Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Onslaught on PC. I’m sad to say that these two titles are now officially cancelled. Instead, our talented teams will focus on delivering the greatest possible gaming experience in our next behemoth release. We’re confident this will lead to an even better experience in Battlefield 3, not only on PC, but on all platforms.

For an idea of what that means, watch this space for some exciting news I think you’ll like.

Best regards,
Karl Magnus Troedsson
General Manager, DICE"
Regards,
brourke228

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Battlefield 3!!!

Post#2 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:39 am

Wow, I saw this on the Game Informer site, but not the big speech the GM gave, that almost made me tear up! COD may be the bigger seller but I think we know where the quality is spent here, on making a polished MP presence that will be bigger and better than anything ever seen before.

I am pissed about 1 thing though, the 64 player cap. WTF are they thinking? M.A.G. on PS3 has 256 player MP! BF3 will only have a quarter of that....ON PC!? I guess it is hard to make the game run so smoothly with full on Destruction 3.0.

They said this will be way more realistic than Destruction 2.0 in BFBC2, I can imagine shooting chunks of rock out of a cliff face or collapsing a cave with people in it.

How are they gonna do Jets on consoles? They never done it before on a BF games except for the propeller planes in BF1943. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, I never thought in 2005 the 360 could be capible of a thur BF sequal with jets and all the PC has 'cept for 64 players.
Last edited by Anthony817 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post#3 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:44 am

I hope my pc can handle it :(

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#4 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:16 am

The 64 player cap is for PC. I think consoles are only 32. It don't think it says anything about jets on consoles, I suppose its possible. However I don't see how the controls could work very well unless there is a joystick accessory that comes with the game.

If this game is anything like BF2 when it came out in 2005 though the graphics are gonna be pretty insane. I remember it being the best looking game I'd ever played back then. So MAG is probably not the best comparison, because it doesn't seem to be the most advanced game engine. Plus like you said there is probably goingto be a lot of destruction which already puts a higher demand on computer resources. You never know though, maybe they will update it to like 128 in a patch at some point or it could get a mp limit mod.

Either way though i think 64p is still a good amount. I'm just glad they're putting their main focus on the PC version like with BF2 and they're not just making a crappy console port of it like every other game seems to these days. Hopefully they release the server software as well.
Regards,
brourke228

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post#5 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:41 pm

By editing BF2 files, you can make maps support up to 255 bot players, i'm sure someone will edit BF3 to support the same amount of bot players.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:29 pm

@K_I_R_E_E_K, Mine can't run it... Besides, the fan on my 3870x2 went out, and it is the dual gfx chipped cards, so they get too hot and can burn up, so my old 1650 got thrown back into this rig, and Windows 7 drivers were not made for this card, only vista, so I had to install the system hog that is Vista, Vista means "to see" in Spanish, but all I am seeing now with it is a slower PC than I had with 7.

brourke228 wrote:The 64 player cap is for PC. I think consoles are only 32. It don't think it says anything about jets on consoles, I suppose its possible. However I don't see how the controls could work very well unless there is a joystick accessory that comes with the game..

I was talking about the PC version when I said it will only have 64, and console will probrably have 24 players like Bfbc2 has.

brourke228 wrote:Either way though i think 64p is still a good amount. I'm just glad they're putting their main focus on the PC version like with BF2 and they're not just making a crappy console port of it like every other game seems to these days. Hopefully they release the server software as well.

I do too, but I just think in this day and age, we should have 256 players on BF3 on PC already if a lowly PS3 can push it out in M.A.G., why couldn't an octa core CPU and DX11 Gfx and 4 gigs of ram handleb it?

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#7 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:24 pm

Only 9 more days until open beta! http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta
Regards,
brourke228

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#8 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:13 pm

check it out!! The password was leaked for the 64p caspian conquest map. http://battlefield3forums.com/showthrea ... r-Password

I was playing it earlier. I had to keep spamming servers to get in though. There are only like 40 or so servers hosting it and they're almost always full.
Regards,
brourke228

Dreamcaster
Anarki

Post#9 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:09 am

Where I can download this beta? I need some direct link, I don't want to download EA's shitty aplications like Origin.

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#10 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:29 am

You can't run the game without origin. You need to download it and get the game through that. The way they set it up is retarded. First you click to launch the game in origin, then instead of launching it launches your browser and goes to ea's website, and then you need to click a link to get to the server list because the matchmaking doesn't work. The game won't open unless you click a server on the website. There isn't any menu or title screen in bf3. Also for some reason you can't adjust options like video and audio settings unless you're spawned.
Regards,
brourke228

Return to “PC/Mac”