Surge 0.5.2.1 for macOS

Talk about PC and Mac games, etc. here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

servebooks
noob

Surge 0.5.2.1 for macOS

Post#1 » Mon May 15, 2023 9:50 pm

I've lately been active on the Discord server and received assistance from Alexandre and another user named CodyAsleep in porting Open Surge to the current macOS. Because all of my new PCs are Macs, it was created as a personal interest as well as a service to anyone who desires to play the game on Apple hardware.

Before we begin, a few words of caution: This build is NOT official and is strictly for testing and troubleshooting. There are still visible flaws, such as a lack of transparency on some sprites, which results in the pink background from the sprite sheets being used as part of the in-game graphics. I'm not sure what's causing this, so I'd appreciate any recommendationsredactle on how to repair it.

Otherwise, it is a fully functional build of Open Surge's stable release. I would be grateful for any form of assistance from Mac users in the community, such as playtesting or debugging, in order to work out the difficulties with this build and create a one-to-one port of the game for Apple machines. This was also my first experience compiling a game from source code, therefore I couldn't have accomplished what I did in compiling the game for Mac without the help of Alexandre and CodyAsleep. Thank you very much!

For Intel Macs or Apple Silicon with Rosetta 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xKnl25 … sp=sharing
For Apple Silicon (M1/M2) only: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BEcugu … sp=sharing

*The sprites in the base game have been fixed! More information regarding this mistake and modding for this Mac build can be found in the updates below.

johnwayne
noob

Re: Surge 0.5.2.1 for macOS

Post#2 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:08 pm

If you're looking for recommendations on how to fix this issue, I suggest reaching out to the Mac users in the community for playtesting and debugging assistance. They may be able to provide valuable insights and help you troubleshoot the problem. This build is not official and is meant for testing and troubleshooting purposes only.
io games

Return to “PC/Mac”