Slave Zero

Talk about PC and Mac games, etc. here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Slave Zero

Post#1 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:13 pm

Want to play Slave Zero for the Dreamcast but you're not sure if the game is worth the asking price these days? Why not "preview" the Dreamcast game by buying Slave Zero for PC? It's available for $1.49 and it is DRM-free from Good Old Games at [ https://www.gog.com/game/slave_zero ]. If you like it, then you can go forward with confidence in acquiring a copy for the SEGA Dreamcast!

beanboy
Wazza

Re: Slave Zero

Post#2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:37 pm

I remember some gamers, back in 2000 and even now in the present claim, the game is actually good. I'll definitely check it out, one of these days. It looks kinda fun. Hopefully the controls are good. :D

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:39 pm

Yeah the controls are pretty decent. I remember playing the PC demo at a friends house back in like 1998 or so when I was like 14 lol, pretty cool. It has decent graphics for the time, though not the Best of the DC I would say. But it still looks and plays good. You can also choose to play the game in first or third person.

Also if you like that game, Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise From the Ashes is a great game too.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#4 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:46 pm

The framerate is deffinitely the DC version's main problem.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#5 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:19 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Yeah the controls are pretty decent. I remember playing the PC demo at a friends house back in like 1998 or so when I was like 14 lol, pretty cool. It has decent graphics for the time, though not the Best of the DC I would say. But it still looks and plays good. You can also choose to play the game in first or third person.

Cool. And nice story. :D

Anthony817 wrote:Also if you like that game, Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise From the Ashes is a great game too.

I have been wanting to play, that Gundam Side Story 0079 game, for a long time now.
Does it have a 3rd person view? Or is it strictly a 1st person view game?
Last edited by beanboy on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#6 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:25 pm

Tarnish wrote:The framerate is deffinitely the DC version's main problem.

Awww man! Hopefully, the frame rate is not too bad.
Despite that, I think I'll still check it out.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:53 pm

No, Gundam is strictly presented in first person view, although it is way more immersive since it shows the inside of the cockpit.

I used to emulate it on PC and map the controls to my PC flight simulator sticks and try playing it like that. Was pretty awesome.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#8 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:20 pm

Anthony817 wrote:No, Gundam is strictly presented in first person view, although it is way more immersive since it shows the inside of the cockpit.

Glad for that info. Thanks.

I remember that classic game room vid. :)

Anthony817 wrote:I used to emulate it on PC and map the controls to my PC flight simulator sticks and try playing it like that. Was pretty awesome.

Now that is cool. Real life mech immersion. :D

Return to “PC/Mac”