• Welcome to Dreamcast-Talk.com
Established, 2004. Dreamcast-Talk.com is a forum based community all about the Sega Dreamcast. We host Dreamcast game servers and work to revive old online games. Check back for the latest Dreamcast news and coverage for homebrew games.

Join our IRC channel, Planetweb Browsers: pwchat://irc.freenode.net:6667/#dc-talk Else: http://webchat.freenode.net/ on channel dc-talk, or irc://irc.freenode.net/#dc-talk if you have an IRC client.

• News

View the latest post JoshProd 2018 Games

Dreamcast publisher JoshProd has released a teaser trailer for this years coming releases, including a new 3D racing title (following the release of 4x4 Jam in 2017).

For those not aware, JoshProd is not a usual indie game producer, choosing instead to licence existing game titles for porting to the Dreamcast. 4x4 Jam is an interesting example of this, as it began life as a PSP Mini (downloadable) release that they licensed and ported (not emulated) for the Dreamcast. The same is also true of the recent legitimate port of Flashback.

Titles haven't yet been named (If you recognise any titles then post the titles here), nor consoles of release (JoshProd releases on consoles outside of the Dreamc [...]

Views: 422  •  Comments: 8  •  Write comments [ Read all ]

View the latest post Reaperi Cycle - Isometric RPG/Puzzle game

Don't forget to active the CC if you don't understand french ;)

After almost a year a work, we're happy to show you a little bit of Reaperi Cycle's world.
This teaser doesn't show any gameplay, but the in-game environnements are using the same models, more of less.
We've been working on this steadily over the past year, building up the isometric engine, making a map editor, working out assets, texts, music, etc.

We currently have 4 different maps, a solid backbone for a storyline, we even worked on new assets and a dialog system today!

I'll try to post a couple screenshots in the next few days. But I really don't want to show stuff that is too unpolished.

You can visit o [...]

Views: 496  •  Comments: 9  •  Write comments [ Read all ]

View the latest post Rizzo Island - Thx for all the Support!

Hey everyone!

Thank you so much for all of your support! It really means a lot! I'm glad everyone likes what I have so far, and I hope I can continue to make it and impress you guys, which brings me to this unfortunate topic... Funding.

I hate to do this, but I need to if I want to finish the game.

I'm pretty broke right now, and am working a job just to pay the bills. I've tried funding it myself, but it's just too difficult since I need to pay my team. If you could possibly subscribe to my Patreon, even if it's just for 1 month, I'd really appreciate it.

As it is right now, I don't even have the funds to pay our 3D modeler to make more enemies for the game, let alone someone who can finish up [...]

Views: 136  •  Comments: 1  •  Write comments [ Read all ]

View the latest post Rizzo Island Demo Out Now!!!

Link to the game here:

https://dreameater-games.itch.io/rizzo-demo-1

Enjoy!

Views: 774  •  Comments: 19  •  Write comments

View the latest post 3D Game Fade to Black will be released for Dreamcast

Last year the game flashback was released in physical edition for the dreamcast, and due to its success producer joshprod announced that its sequel fade to black will be released for dreamcast in 2018. Fade to black is a 3D game that It was released for dos and Playstation 1 in the 90s.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/DreamcastUltim ... AqwoYT14UA

Views: 381  •  Comments: 6  •  Write comments

View the latest post Rizzo Island Demo Release Details!

Hello again! Here are some details from the Rizzo Island Team about our upcoming game release!

Big News:
- The game demo will release on March 23rd, 2018
- I will be hosting an AMA on r/iama on reddit at 9:00 CDT (U.S. Central Standard Time) with my gametester and hopefully my QuakeC coder if he is not busy at that time.

Small Details:
- The Dreamcast Demo files will have to be burned manually using bootdreams as I haven't had time to buy CD-R's more CD-R's to make a multi-track bin/cue that ACTUALLY WORKS.
- It will come with an Alcohol 120% image but that software is crapware so I thats why I have the manual burning with instructions
- Audio will be rip-able from the CD or you can convert the WAV [...]

Views: 419  •  Comments: 7  •  Write comments [ Read all ]

View the latest post Sol705 on Dreamcast?

Sol705 it's a classic point & click graphic adventure fully voiced with subtitles in english, spanish, french, russian and german! Game relised on Steam, Android and IOS.

Im ask developer on facebook, can this game ported to Dreamcast. He answer me

Patricio Land wrote:thank you Ivan, this is really a cool idea, I have to think about it as it's really a lot of work but surely worth it! I never though to take the game into the real retro scene, Amiga, Spectrum, Commodore and this now is really having sense to me! Thank you for the comment and I hope to see Sol705 in all those great machines!

https://www.facebook.com/patricio.land/ ... &ref=notif

Views: 209  •  Comments: 1  •  Write comments [ Read all ]

View the latest post Okinawa Rush: new game for Dreamcast

Okinawa rush will be released in 2018 for Dreamcast, Xbox one, PS4 and Steam!

Official Website: http://www.okrush.co.uk/
Source: http://www.dreamcast-news.com/2018/03/b ... -rush.html

Views: 364  •  Comments: 7  •  Write comments