The Arcade Variant Of Segas Next Console Revealed Next Week.

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

peccatum
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO

Re: The Arcade Variant Of Segas Next Console Revealed Next W

Post by peccatum »

Yuuki wrote:
MrSega wrote:
HowlingFear wrote:Just came across the article which states that the new Xbox Bulldozer will likely be able to run games with Avatar-like graphics. It begs the question, will there be multiplatform titles on both Sega and Microsoft consoles ?
It's probably too early to assume but I can't resist thinking about it.
According to some rumors, Sega will be using so called RayTracing technology which will be absolute breakthrough. Microsoft technology will be different.
Project BULLDOZER will use Unreal 3 techology which is high resolution,superpowered rasteration and 3D stereoscopic processing which is AMD Radeon based. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXyztq_0uM

The journalist is being prentious. Xbox Bulldozer will have visuals simluar to RANGO not Avatar.

SSSSSS

Super System/RINGWAVE/FUTURA will use Ray Tracing.3D stereoscopic processing,reduced rasteration and photo realism. Ray Tracing is the act of anylizing and processing photo realism using a method photo copying digital backgrounds of real life photos. With ray tracing it reduces the cost preformance of the 3D engine. Here's some demos of RT techology using 60 FPS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLte5f34 ... re=related
looks nice i just hope Futura isnt just a mythos....

Egregore
core

Post by Egregore »

If sega FUTURA ever materializes, I hope it doesn't end up like the Saturn, being so difficult to program for that developers dont want to make games for it... With this new ray tracing technology is that a possibility

stu
Feet of Fury

Post by stu »

MrSega wrote:Project BULLDOZER will use Unreal 3 techology which is high resolution,superpowered rasteration and 3D stereoscopic processing which is AMD Radeon based. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXyztq_0uM

The journalist is being prentious. Xbox Bulldozer will have visuals simluar to RANGO not Avatar.

Super System/RINGWAVE/FUTURA will use Ray Tracing.3D stereoscopic processing,reduced rasteration and photo realism. Ray Tracing is the act of anylizing and processing photo realism using a method photo copying digital backgrounds of real life photos. With ray tracing it reduces the cost preformance of the 3D engine. Here's some demos of RT techology using 60 FPS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLte5f34 ... re=related

Interesting video, seems that the PS3 is capable of Ray Tracing as well, maybe Sony will build a Ray Tracing PS4 using the guts of 3 PS3s. :lol:

SegaNews
fragger
Dreamcast Games you play Online: ALL OF THEM

Post by SegaNews »

@Stu - Sony 3x3? Sounds like a sweet name to me. They could use this and get off the Playstation name
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

SegaNews wrote:@Stu - Sony 3x3? Sounds like a sweet name to me. They could use this and get off the Playstation name
That would be pretty neat, but its not happening for a long time. Instead, Sonys got something to take on Wii U called "PS3.5".

BTW, There are rumors that the RINGWAVE board will have a Fujistu SPARC Venus 8 CPU and that SEGA will no longer be using Pentiums because they don't offer an 8 core preformance CPUs.

LINDBERGH's successor will have 8 Core CPU.

Therefore, I ask that you check sources for the spec sheet of this new board.

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

AlecRob wrote:If sega FUTURA ever materializes, I hope it doesn't end up like the Saturn, being so difficult to program for that developers dont want to make games for it... With this new ray tracing technology is that a possibility
Ray Tracing will actually lower the cost and budget of designing the games for Super System/FUTURA because it reduces the rasterarion preformance, rasteration is 3D processing using standard non real time visuals.

With both a NEC Power VR 6 GPU and Imagination Tech CausticOne RTU, developers will be able to use either Unreal 3 or just pure real time rotoscoping. It would not at all be difficult for programmers to utilize either processor engine. Saturn's hardware was too complex 6 proccessors and 2 CPUs and VDPs which was why it was difficult to program.

The type of media the board and console uses will be vital to how easy it will be to program. Pioneer Blu-Ray16 is widly rumored to be the media that SEGA will use. Although it runs on Firmware and Firefox like standard BD, its high capacity of 200 GBs on a single side, will make it near immpossible to pirate and is a chance to give developers an opportunity to take advantage of its internal memory.

BTW, Saturn was a fanastic misunderstood machine that only the Japan got.

SegaNews
fragger
Dreamcast Games you play Online: ALL OF THEM

Post by SegaNews »

The few sources that continue to email me have replied. Yet they all have a weird input,
I will copy and paste my favorite:
"S3gal3aks made theirs up by their self's, DO NOT USE IT!
First off their will be NO and i repeat NO raytracing in this system,
+ Imagination Technology's IS NOT helping, as seen by the lack of an agreement between the two company's.
Sega is using undetermined DELTA Sound Card for audio.
The GPU and RTU are unknown since Imagination left them. We predict an answer by the end of the week.
And for the CPU we have multiple answers that come in, yet we do side with the unknown ARM, yet we do know this will be a 64 bit CPU.
-s3g@pr0"
I chose this source as he is the persons in which you agree with the most MrSega. But i was surprised when he said no raytracing.
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

Egregore
core

Post by Egregore »

But how many companies will actually want to develop for a SEGA console? they have a history of basically giving developers the short end of the stick, for example the 32X, which had many games being developed for it but was scrapped before the games could ever even be finished... same thing happened with the Dreamcast and to some extent the Saturn (especially in the US) Do you think developers will remember SEGA's past and shy away from their new hardware?

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

SegaNews wrote:The few sources that continue to email me have replied. Yet they all have a weird input,
I will copy and paste my favorite:
"S3gal3aks made theirs up by their self's, DO NOT USE IT!
First off their will be NO and i repeat NO raytracing in this system,
+ Imagination Technology's IS NOT helping, as seen by the lack of an agreement between the two company's.
Sega is using undetermined DELTA Sound Card for audio.
The GPU and RTU are unknown since Imagination left them. We predict an answer by the end of the week.
And for the CPU we have multiple answers that come in, yet we do side with the unknown ARM, yet we do know this will be a 64 bit CPU.
-s3g@pr0"
I chose this source as he is the persons in which you agree with the most MrSega. But i was surprised when he said no raytracing.
These sources are quite interesting indeed. First of all, they are right. This blog is 100% fake, a hoax. The REAL Zachary Morris and FGN no longer run a blog, in fact they've been MIA for over a month now.

Second the denial of Imagination Tech is odd. Remember that in June of last year, IM had reported and BLURTED out to Kaldata that SEGA had contracted them to design next generation graphic chips. I still insist the GPU and RTU are with NEC and Imagination Tech.

The ARM CPU report is very interesting indeed. Because that would be EXCITING news. It would mean the board is definetly NON PC based, hardware completely original, Another Hitachi CPU, and since ARM ISM is totally unique is cannot be PC configured, it would confirm that there is INDEED A NEW SEGA platform console in development. Lets see, 64 bit CPU with 8 cores= 512 bit! The CPU would be capable of 512 MBs of memory.

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

AlecRob wrote:But how many companies will actually want to develop for a SEGA console? they have a history of basically giving developers the short end of the stick, for example the 32X, which had many games being developed for it but was scrapped before the games could ever even be finished... same thing happened with the Dreamcast and to some extent the Saturn (especially in the US) Do you think developers will remember SEGA's past and shy away from their new hardware?
In Japan, if its easy to program and developers have alot of power to work with, then SEGA will have no problem getting support.

In America, the machine will have to cost less to program.

I don't see SEGA having a problem with publishers. So much time has passed since SEGA's mid 1990s gaffes, and during Dreamcast, SEGA was making headway with 3rd party supporters who unfortunely were caught up in the Playstation 2 hype.