New Xbox & PlayStation 4: What to Expect -Eurogamer.net

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrSega

Re: New Xbox & PlayStation 4: What to Expect -Eurogamer.net

Post by MrSega »

I knew that "PS4" simply didn't exist. Basically because I couldn't find a single patent or trademark that proved it even existed. The more rumors & Industry gossip I've heard the more I was convinced it was all nothing but wishful thinking especially since there was not one single OEM Partnership report referring to Sony.

As for the SEGA console rumors they've been on-again, off again for 4 years. The one thing I had learned early one is to always pay attention to any new arcade hardware that SEGA puts out. There may be a console in development from it. I think in 2009, we got sidetracked. With SEGA's patent department becoming active and very busy, speculation fueled that SEGA was cooking up something. Problem was, one would assume its RingEdge related since that was the latest arcade board to be released. As it turned out, Sega had nothing special planned for RingEdge hardware & the patents had nothing to do with RINGEDGE.

Logic, the reason why I haven't given up is because there's YET another arcade board that will debut this year & I'm curious to see what hardware it uses. Since RINGEDGE is nothing but a mid range board, this new machine is Lindbergh's successor. Maybe the '09 patents will be linked to this new hardware.

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post by craziestrufis »

MrSega wrote:I knew that "PS4" simply didn't exist. Basically because I couldn't find a single patent or trademark that proved it even existed. The more rumors & Industry gossip I've heard the more I was convinced it was all nothing but wishful thinking especially since there was not one single OEM Partnership report referring to Sony.

As for the SEGA console rumors they've been on-again, off again for 4 years. The one thing I had learned early one is to always pay attention to any new arcade hardware that SEGA puts out. There may be a console in development from it. I think in 2009, we got sidetracked. With SEGA's patent department becoming active and very busy, speculation fueled that SEGA was cooking up something. Problem was, one would assume its RingEdge related since that was the latest arcade board to be released. As it turned out, Sega had nothing special planned for RingEdge hardware & the patents had nothing to do with RINGEDGE.

Logic, the reason why I haven't given up is because there's YET another arcade board that will debut this year & I'm curious to see what hardware it uses. Since RINGEDGE is nothing but a mid range board, this new machine is Lindbergh's successor. Maybe the '09 patents will be linked to this new hardware.
lol i all was thout that mr Sega and stu are arch enemys and no mr sega i no microslop is not stupid i was just asying that i dont think that thay wood a bandin the kanet so quick

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post by SEGA-TUDE »

i get disgusted when i see someone playing xbox kinect. i just want to grab the stupid motion bar and smack them in the face sideways with it and then say wow this really does capture all your movements lol.
SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

stu
Feet of Fury

Post by stu »

MrSega wrote:I knew that "PS4" simply didn't exist. Basically because I couldn't find a single patent or trademark that proved it even existed. The more rumors & Industry gossip I've heard the more I was convinced it was all nothing but wishful thinking especially since there was not one single OEM Partnership report referring to Sony.

:roll: Gee MrSuperSecretMole, Trust you to twist and distort the fact of that article to fit your own FUD spreading agenda. Kaz Harai and Andrew House just denied that the next gen Playstation would make it's debut at this year's E3, they never denied that they were developing one. I found the likelyhood of that "PS4 at E3 2012" rumor being true to be low anyway, therefore I never bothered to add it to this thread. Talk about you scoring an own goal! :lol:

BTW Do you know Super Secret Secret Squirrel? He's another secret agent, just like you!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRDiF-EFGKk[/youtube]

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by stu on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

@Trufis. I can say with utter confidence that Mircosoft WILL annouce the next Xbox at E3 this year & will confirm a Spring 2013 launch date.

I am looking forward to AOU 2012 next month. I can't wait to see what surprises SEGA has in store. Based on the fact that SEGA had planned to annouce a new arcade board at JAMMA last September, a new arcade machine is set to debut next month called "RINGWAVE". Depending on what hardware its based off especially if Intel & AMD aren't involved, & depending on how many titles it will have debuting on it. The specs will give us a clear anwser on whether or not SEGA has console plans from its hardware.

Logic
core

Post by Logic »

Now according to IFI claims, Sony Corp JP was awarded 2286 patents last year. To say that none of them are in anyway related to "PS4" is at best irrational.

Sega is not anywhere on the top 50 list, which means at absolute best, Sega would have been awarded anywhere from 1-522 patents.
Freedoms:
1,2,3,4. The whole can benefit

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Logic wrote:Now according to IFI claims, Sony Corp JP was awarded 2286 patents last year. To say that none of them are in anyway related to "PS4" is at best irrational.

Sega is not anywhere on the top 50 list, which means at absolute best, Sega would have been awarded anywhere from 1-522 patents.
In regards to PS3's successor, I wasn't saying that there isn't a successor to PS3, I was saying that there's no such thing as "Playstation 4". Project "NEAR" is obviously PS3's successor and based on the trademark having been filed last July, its pretty early in development.

SEGA's most significant patent period was during 2008-2009. About 2,500 patents were filed by SEGA Corp. And about 900 different patents all hardware were trademarked & issued to Sega. Interesting enough, the most significant ones for controllers,hard drives, flash drives, headsets were assigned to "Sega Enterprises" not SEGA Corp. Since there has yet to be an end result to the 2009 hardware patents, I'm wondering if the new arcade board debuting this
year that ArcadeHeroes & TheStringerReport reported last September will be tied to these patents.

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post by Hiryosuke »

I said it before I'll say it again...I'm pretty sure near is ps vita's lication based services...am I the only one who remebers reading about that?...

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Hiryosuke wrote:I said it before I'll say it again...I'm pretty sure near is ps vita's lication based services...am I the only one who remebers reading about that?...
The actaul trademark for "NEAR" is very detailed & its description is 5 paragraphs long.

There are several key descriptions embedded in the mark that refer to "Home Game Machines" & "Arcade Based Game Machines". So this "NEAR" looks to be something elaborate in addition to be a GPS Tracking System.

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post by Hiryosuke »

Idk they might jus be going through lengths to ensure they aren't denied the patent...home game machines and arcade based machines also extends to handhelds in some sense and who knows if its not only vita...they may be planning to use near in some way for the ps3 itself...