Dreamcast Games you play Online: Shenmue

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #1 - Crazy Taxi

Post by Barrys_Bapz »

YOYOYO :D
First time in a long time
THIS IS HOW IT ALWAYS ENDS

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

rjay63 wrote:No problem, I understand any doubts so I'll upload a moving video of the score; in the meantime you can see one of my videos from the previous tournament. Although this under 'work for 5 minutes' rules you can see the dash techniques used.

The difficulty/traffic settings are in the options menu.
Yeah, I just looked and I see the difficulty settings now. I know I didn't say you had to play on medium difficulty but if you can upload a new score playing on medium, that would be great. I just want to be fair.
DCUltrapro wrote:Pcwzard, maybe we shud make the rules more specific next time like a cut off time for new entrants and specify difficulties so as to avoid confusion?
Like I said above, I did't even know there were difficulty settings but I'll be sure to specify next time.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

DCUltrapro wrote:Pcwzard, maybe we shud make the rules more specific next time like a cut off time for new entrants and specify difficulties so as to avoid confusion?
That score will put you in 3rd place, nice job. Please let me know the info I need to make you a player profile (I mentioned it in a previous post).
PSO Characters:

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Post by rjay63 »

pcwzrd13:

The default traffic/difficulty level is 4/8. I will play again on this setting but should point out this makes scores even higher. Raising the difficulty lessens the time awarded per customer and more traffic on the road amplifies the aforementioned.

Although I will post my new score and video, I would ask you to withdraw my Crazy Taxi entries from this competition as I think I have too much experience with this game compared to other entrants. A player that is too dominant can be off-putting for others so I am happy to give way. It was not my intention to unerve other players and I apologise if I did so.
My Metropolis Street Racer Blog: http://www.msrdreamcast.blogspot.com
MSR ghosts/time trials and official DLC: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/metropoli ... r-dlc.html

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

rjay63 wrote:pcwzrd13:

The default traffic/difficulty level is 4/8. I will play again on this setting but should point out this makes scores even higher. Raising the difficulty lessens the time awarded per customer and more traffic on the road amplifies the aforementioned.
Oh, I thought the score was increased by the higher difficulty. I must have misunderstood what you said in your original post. In this case, I will accept your score.
rjay63 wrote:
Although I will post my new score and video, I would ask you to withdraw my Crazy Taxi entries from this competition as I think I have too much experience with this game compared to other entrants. A player that is too dominant can be off-putting for others so I am happy to give way. It was not my intention to unerve other players and apologise if I did so.
No, that's alright. You are already entered so I'm going to keep you in there. You're really good at it, so you deserve to at least win one of the Crazy Taxi competitions. I'm sure I'll have another in the future. If you choose not to enter that one, that's fine.
Last edited by pcwzrd13 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSO Characters:

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online
Quake 3 Arena

Post by DCUltrapro »

relatively pointless I know but heres the highest score I could get, I have only just started using the crazy dash, literallly just learned it to try and compete but nevermind, it seemed to make me drive even worse!! So here it is

I've been playing with the difficulties all set to the lowest lol, maybe thats why mine is so low by comparison, I might up it for one go and see how my score goes
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

DCUltrapro wrote:relatively pointless I know but heres the highest score I could get, I have only just started using the crazy dash, literallly just learned it to try and compete but nevermind, it seemed to make me drive even worse!! So here it is
Not pointless, you moved back to 3rd from 4th so that's good.
PSO Characters:

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online
Quake 3 Arena

Post by DCUltrapro »

given more time I could've beaten Mazo, but no way would I beat that crazy license score!! question, youv'e got barry bapz above me and the other guy, shouldn't it be RJAY, Maz then me on the overall list? Or are you working that out differently?

While I don't wanna sound like a sore looser, because hey, if your better at it then your better, I can't argue that. But if there's someone who knows all the wonderful tricks of the game such as the dash, the boost and the drifting etc and who's gonna get a ridiculous score on Crazy Taxi everytime I probably won't put the time in trying to improve my score if we do a competition for CT1 again, sorry I don't wanna sound like a big baby but its obvious he's gonna win everytime! No offense, i mean its awesome you know how to play the game that well, just means its all pretty academic lol and it saves me staying up until gone 1am in the morning again
Last edited by DCUltrapro on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

DCUltrapro wrote:given more time I could've beaten Mazo, but no way would I beat that crazy license score!! question, youv'e got barry bapz above me and the other guy, shouldn't it be RJAY, Maz then me on the overall list? Or are you working that out differently?
Yeah, you're right. Don't know why that's messed up. I'll correct it.
PSO Characters:

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Post by rjay63 »

Video proof (just the end of the play and scoreboards):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je75862KC6A[/youtube]

pcwrzd13:

Very well. Just to let you know there are much better players than me......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7C-y6tP49E[/youtube]

You can choose whatever avatar you like for me as long as it is not obscene. I own Sega Bass Fishing and Soul Calibur on the DC. Not that it counts but I have the XBOX version of Hydro Thunder (Midway Treasures 3).
My Metropolis Street Racer Blog: http://www.msrdreamcast.blogspot.com
MSR ghosts/time trials and official DLC: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/metropoli ... r-dlc.html