PSO > System mags Myths

Moderator: pcwzrd13

K_I_R_E_E_K

PSO > System mags Myths

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

As you all know, there has been some myths surrounding these mags (mark 3, master system, genesis, sega saturn and dreamcast)

The 1st mag is given to you when you deliver glory in the past to a tekker in pioneer in the quest central dome fire swirl.
This mag doesn't evolve in the same way as other mags, in order to receive the advanced ones you need specific items and you need a specific online quest to use them.
Mark 3 despite beeing easy to feed, has all stats at 0 and has no phonton blasts.

All items/mag cells have a certain difficulty to be found, the initial ones can be found probably several times in your gameplay, but the most advanced ones (required for saturn and dreamcast) are actually really rare, they are among the rarest items in the game, to gather them all you need several ids wich means you need to play with several chars, this consumes alot of time and i can't be sure you will find all of them even after 5 years, on my case i found the same common mag cell 2 or 3 times, but that was it, i never found the rare ones.
One option is to trade, but who would trade such a rarity? there can be ppl willing to trade if they have the same item twice, in wich case trading will be easier.
However, finding some mag cells twice require an even bigger effort, there have been reports of a dc-talk user finding 2 of the rares mag cells in a hunt with another player in a short period of time, while it's not impossible it certainly a very doubtfull hunt because:
- The items are not what i consider "huntable" (absurd drop rates)
- They only have use when used with all the other "unhuntable" mag cells

Now after combining the mag cells and the mag, you will get a new mag with all stats at lvl 0 but with 1 phonton blast.
Now, there have been reports of the same user making a dreamcast mag that is different from the ones obtained from the quest and so i will try and bust the most common myths.

Dreamcast mag is indeed one of the most worthless mags in the game, but it is rare and that's why it's often hacked, but regarding the odds, it can be made.

Dreamcast Mags come to you with all stats at lvl 0 and with 1 specific phonton blast
There have been several myths saying that in specific situations the mag can gain more phonton blasts or different ones.

- Feeding the mag (tested)
False
The mag given to you is a combination of several items, the quest doesn't care wich stats were on the previous mag, the result is always the predictable dreamcast mag

- different ids (tested)
False
Ids do not affect the outcome

- Different char or class (tested)
False
Same as before, the quest doesn't care if you are a hucast or a newman, the result is a dreamcast mag

- Gameplay time (tested)
False
Quest doesn't read your gameplay time

- Equiping a certain item (tested)
False
Items equiped do not alter the final product

- Quest score (tested)
False
Even when achieving SSrank on TTF, the quest will not offer you a mag with more then 1 pb

- Yoga positions (tested)
False
I have tried a few while doing the final evolution, never saw a difference

- Planet alignment (not tested)
Unsure
This is most likely the only thing that can alter the result and make your mag gain more PBs

So you see, if by any chance you know someone that has a dreamcast mag with all kinds of phonton blasts, he probably got the mag either by hacking or by doing the evolution at the same time of the planet aligment, if that person makes up some story that he hunted the mag cells with other players, that he traded and that by feeing the mag star atomizers he got a dreamcast mag with 3 phonton blasts, then you know instantly that he is lieing.

If your wiling to test the final myth, 2012 is the next planet aligment, so prepare all your unhuntable mag cells and get ready, you have less then 2 years to find them all

This post was made because a certain dc-talk user keeps pressing the same key saying "my dreamcast mag with 3 phonton blasts is legit" (and this may lead to false info beeing delivered to other players), even when gathering all the mag cells, the outcome was different from what the remaining players get, if the mag is a hack, then i will leave players to decide if the "hunts" and the "trades" did happen at all or if they were made up to justify the abundance of mag cells found in a short period, because even when using hacked mag cells, hacked mags and yoga positions, the game never gave the mag mentioned by the user.

Macabre
Feet of Fury
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, little quake, doom is cute.

Re: PSO > System mags Myths

Post by Macabre »

I do recall reading a guide on how to level the Saturn and Megadrive mags up to a specific level, and then there was some sort of latency exploit that forced extra pb's to carry over, but didn't read too much in to it since I think it was abusing a bug. I'll try to refind that link.

Generally I believe all dreamcast mags currently on our servers to be hacked, until I find the proper ingredients to make my own :P
PSO Dreamcast BBA ftw @ Dreamcast-Talk.com
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~ Lust Purplenum RAcaseal
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I'll say it again.
The game gives you a mag and doesn't care about previous mag stats, it only cares wich items you have, the game does not evolve the mag, it simply trades 2 or more items for 1 that is specified by the quest in the game
The mag specified has 1 pb in 1 location

Macabre
Feet of Fury
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, little quake, doom is cute.

Post by Macabre »

The bug was related to a blue burst yahoo mag. Iirc you can't get the yahoo mag in pso v2 at any legit way.

Unless you can get a mag from bb to gamecube, and then gamecube to dreamcast (conversion all over the place), then yea its all illegit.
PSO Dreamcast BBA ftw @ Dreamcast-Talk.com
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~ Lust Purplenum RAcaseal
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

ok, i'll explain

1st, that is PSO BB on schtserv, so that basicly mixing patches with a buggy server, who knows what can happen.

2nd, it's impossible to transfer items from pso bb to pso ver.2, even if it was possible there would be most likely complications with the mag itself, if pso bb is already buggy enough to screw up a mag like that, i can't even imagine what would happen on v2

3rd, the user i was refering to said that he hunted and traded the mag cells and that he indeed evolved saturn into a dreamcast mag with 3 pbs, basicly what i'm saying is that the evolution never happened