Recent Spam

Website Updates and Support for Dc Talk will be posted here.
Also post your feedback and suggestions for the site.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Gary_b
Quantic Dream
Dreamcast Games you play Online: all of them

Re: Recent Spam

Post by Gary_b »

elmagicochrisg wrote:A lack of subtlety...

Sometimes even mods suffer from it...
well, i tried to be subtle the first time and then someone figured they would explain the consept of linking spam to me. i figured it was time to be blunt, because it really isn't helping.

i find that some of the forum members are digging up old spam to flag it too. i am not trying to be rude, but i really don't care about spam from 2 weeks ago, spam that is berried about 5+ pages deep into a topic. for a while we were getting so much spam each day that it took me for ever to remove the new ones each time i visited. basically i had already banned a spammer weeks or months ago and i am no longer interested in digging up that persons old posts that may be remaining. i am concerned about any of the new spam bots. so far impulses new restrictions on attaining membership has worked greatly.

i understand people are trying to help. the best way to help is to use the report button. this doesn't mean that i want you to find spam from last year. it means to flag it as it comes in.

Neoblast
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: ALL OF THEM

Post by Neoblast »

Ehm, maybe an update for the forum software is available.
A lot of spam bots are getting in and posting shit here and there.

Do you think you could update soon Impulse?
Nice try you fool! lol BBQ!

dark
Shark Patrol

Post by dark »

Was that Dreamcast Cat topic spam? I actually couldn't really tell, since cats are so popular these days.

sega_SHARK
photon blast
Dreamcast Games you play Online: wanna play quake and pso_ver2

Post by sega_SHARK »

It was pure awesome!
Say Guh