I'm looking for 3 other dreamcast-players to help me!

Macabre
Feet of Fury
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, little quake, doom is cute.

I'm looking for 3 other dreamcast-players to help me!

Post by Macabre »

I'm not singling people out for just using dreamcast - its required for this task as you can pop the lid open or power off your system without saving at a very critical point (detailed in the below linked guide)!

So I really want a J-Cutter. For those unaware of what this item is, its a secret cmode s-rank item that you can get by, basically, gambling with the "No Type" option when selecting the item.

Specifically I want to make a team of myself & 3 other members, so that the chances of obtaining this item are significantly increased.

Its about a 1/25 chance, but with four people taking that same 1/25 chance a time, it won't take too long.

A specific guide dedicated to finding this item is posted here.

Also, there are a few other items like the j-cutter that you can't select, they are all listed at the bottom of the page here. I'm also tempted to get the j-blade, but I really want to get a cutter first.

If its not a hassle, and the j-cutter doesn't take long to find, I might request a repeat of this team exercise to obtain more of those hard-to-get items.

Two things will have to be discussed and confirmed between those who participate before we begin

1.) I want this for my collection, but obviously asking three people to help me run a few rounds on repeat hunting for an item isn't rewarding. The best I can offer is trading from my trade list, or after the item is found, making a backup of it and giving copys of it away to those who helped find it... I don't know what else to offer for asking for this sort of help?

2.) All four of us are following the guide at the same time, thus all four of us will have to have a fresh character without cmode done, and lazy around in forest / c1 for about an hour and a half. So when we finish cmode and start repeating forest 1 over and over again until the information in the guide matches, eventually one of the four of us will find one of the items...

And have the option to name it...

Since I want this for my collection, I'd prefer to not have it labeled with any tags or names. When selecting "No Type" it doesn't add the type of weapon to the name, thus I'd be tempted to call it "J-Cutter" so that was simply its name.

If anyone else has a strong interest in this, specifically for finding the other items other than just the J-Cutter, then it might be worth while to go ahead and keep track of the stats of all the secret items, in case one is found while searching exclusively for another.

If one is found although, we would have to re-help that team member recreate this cmode hunting character with a 1+hour forest c1 run... Or if your familiar with making backups & have an extra memory card around!

So if you like the idea of finding more than just the J-Cutter, please look over the list of the secret s-rank items and post which you'd like to hunt for!

Thoughts?

Please read the posted guide carefully if your interested. Ask any questions, as this isn't something that will be fun to do repeats on due to accidents!

I have Wednesday night off (as far as I know to date). If only two people are free, I can always ask a friend to come play my 2nd dreamcast next to me - just be nice to her :lol:
PSO Dreamcast BBA ftw @ Dreamcast-Talk.com
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~ Lust Purplenum RAcaseal
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~

TeamXlink
Rank 9

Re: I'm looking for 3 other dreamcast-players to help me!

Post by TeamXlink »

Wow that sounds hard but awesome!

I read through the guide, and would gladly participate.

Macabre
Feet of Fury

Post by Macabre »

Kewl!

Hmmmm, the more I think about this, the more I realize the opportunity I have at farming & obtaining all of the s-rank items...

Since I can play twice at once, I'm confident that I can solo C1 forest if I select & use a strong character (hucast). If I can get people to help me make two "farmers" (meaning two of the characters described in the guide), or even better, I'll have my friend help do it at the same time - then I can make backups of them, and sit down and literally collect all the normal s-rank items...

This is off topic from the j-cutter although, as those are still gambling the 1/25 chance that I want 4 players to gamble at.

I'm also reconsidering what I'd prefer to have the item named; "S-Rank J-Cutter" assuming there is enough space to name it that....

"S-Rank Punch" would be fun too.

Thanks for the response XLink! We need either two more dreamcast players, or one + me harassing a friend!
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~

TeamXlink
Rank 9

Post by TeamXlink »

Sweet!

I'm also interested in the S-Rank Shot, so if this happens to show up, that would be awesome!

Radkin
PSOaholic
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Q3A, 4x4 & Maximum Pool

Post by Radkin »

I'd be happy to help out.
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Macabre
Feet of Fury

Post by Macabre »

Yay +1 more member!

Problem might occur when attempting to find these items... in the naming them part;

We won't know what the item is until we are in the lobby after its already been named... thus even if we are hunting for multiple items, we might have to stick with a "name it X first"

A slight bump in the road, but with four members gambling the 1/25 odds at once, it won't take too long.

& Xlink, if I can talk my friend into sitting next to me, then I'll go ahead and farm all the normal s-ranks (like the shot you want), and give you a back'ed up one? I was planning on naming everything "S-Rank" so it would be called "S-Rank Shot"
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, AFO, PBA, 4x4 Evo, IGP, Planet Ring and Max Pool

Post by Bob Dobbs »

I have no clue, but what the @#%*, I'll give it a go, chaps!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post by Radkin »

When would you like to get together and do this? :)
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Macabre
Feet of Fury

Post by Macabre »

I'll have free time tomorrow afternoon / night.
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post by Radkin »

Sounds good to me. Today and tomorrow is good for me. Tomorrow I have no school.
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube