MOVED: Broken Files

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

sega2k
Graffiti Grind

MOVED: Broken Files

Post by sega2k »

Okay I have downloaded files from multiple places and I do everything perfect with the discjuggler. But when I put the game in, something goes wrong sometimes. Here are the errors I see.

1. Some screen comes up with a play, rewind, fast forward, and stop and it says like Track 1. But everytime I play the disc it just does it for like 6 seconds and then it doesn't do anything.

2. The game will load up and I will hear the audio but there will be no image. Like my vmu will display the game I'm playing but I can't see anything, just hear it.

3. OR sometimes I get the thing where it will load up and then it will get to the SEGA trademark screen but then it will go to the home screen where it says play, music, settings, and files. But everytime I click play it takes me back to the same screen.

Does anyone know where I can get some files where they will work all the time? I'm not sure but I heard that the consoles after some date cant play burned games. Mines dated July 2000 is that a problem?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Broken Files

Post by Anthony817 »

Lol, this area is for game downloads. ;)

But to answer your question, I don't think consoles that can't read backups exsist. It was a roumor started by Sega to prevent pirating on their system.

You need to use Discjuggler 3.5 trial, and make sure you7 use these settings, as they work 99% of the time for me.

In DJ, use these settings:

For games that are self-boot (Games that have 2 or 3 sessions on a disc), use these settings:

Mode 2
Offset 0
Block....2336
TOC......CD-XA

In the "Advanced" tab, there is NO NEED to enable "Raw Writes" or "Overburn CD". But DO enable "Add-post 3rd..."

Make sure you put the burn speed at 4x. Some drives don't go lower than 16x, so go with that by all means. Just make sure not to burn any faster than 16x.

Start burning. Once it is done you should have a working backup copy.

Alternatively you can use Alchohol 120% and just pop the disc in and select the iso you are burning and leave it at default settings.

Really hope this helps you, enjoy.