Dead Or Alive 2 - SD Remaster

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

xaeroxcore
Anarki

Re: Dead Or Alive 2 - SD Remaster

Post by xaeroxcore »

My man, thanks for this amazing work!! File is DCP, how can we turn this into CDI or something Dreamshell Serial Port can read?

xaeroxcore
Anarki

Post by xaeroxcore »

xaeroxcore wrote:My man, thanks for this amazing work!! File is DCP, how can we turn this into CDI or something Dreamshell Serial Port can read?
Dont mind meeee!

Manage to make it work on SD Serial Port using Universal Patcher!

It works and its playable, but have severe slowdowns at
Cutscenes, and the begining and endings on every battle. Im gonna try to convert GDI to CDI and see how it works on CD.

Also looks stunning and its the best new year gift to any DC enthusiast!

Hope my feedback can be useful.

Feliz año nuevo!!

Dirge Of Ram
Arabian Night
Dreamcast Games you play Online: No GGPO Fightcade For Me.

Post by Dirge Of Ram »

Those slowdowns just the Card Reader loading the game up during those places. I would use Batch GDI Optimisator on the GDI you built up otherwise you get a game crash on the Death Valley walls.

Esppiral
MegaDeath

Post by Esppiral »

Dirge Of Ram wrote:Very Easy to do. Just need to use AFS Explorer & open up the OPN_SNG.ADX file within the DOA2 folder.

Then scroll right down until you see EXCITER6.ADX then right click Import that new EXCITER6.ADX file in then its done. Right Click on Play Sound to hear.
Do you know how can I make a song loop instead of stoping?

xaeroxcore
Anarki

Post by xaeroxcore »

Dirge Of Ram wrote:Those slowdowns just the Card Reader loading the game up during those places. I would use Batch GDI Optimisator on the GDI you built up otherwise you get a game crash on the Death Valley walls.
Great advice! How do i find Batch GDI Optmizator? Tried to Google it and couldnt find anything.

Im using SD Reader tru Serial Port.

Dirge Of Ram
Arabian Night

Post by Dirge Of Ram »

Here you go below. Just cut & paste all the GDI files into that GDI folder then double click on Optimize. Let the command bar task do it thing then bam should be done. Place back the files back whatever folder you cut it from.

PES Sound File Converter has that loop option but guess what? Doesn't Work! One time was able to loop mp3s for Mugen & Xbox menus but not anymore today. What I did back then lost that knowledge. Useless Youtube has no real answers.

I'm sure someone here knows. I still use the PES Converter for the Thunder1, Track 2, Opening & Ending songs that I did.
Attachments
PES Sound File Converter.zip
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 30 times
Batch GDI Optimisator.zip
(16.26 KiB) Downloaded 35 times

xaeroxcore
Anarki

Post by xaeroxcore »

Dirge Of Ram wrote:Here you go below. Just cut & paste all the GDI files into that GDI folder then double click on Optimize. Let the command bar task do it thing then bam should be done. Place back the files back whatever folder you cut it from.

PES Sound File Converter has that loop option but guess what? Doesn't Work! One time was able to loop mp3s for Mugen & Xbox menus but not anymore today. What I did back then lost that knowledge. Useless Youtube has no real answers.

I'm sure someone here knows. I still use the PES Converter for the Thunder1, Track 2, Opening & Ending songs that I did.

Thaaaanks a lot!!

So, i used the optmisator and it works better, but still presents slowdowns at the beggining /ending of every fight, and also on cutscenes...But is way more playable tru Serial Port!! By the way with some costumes game crashes, like naked Kasumi :(.

I wanna try it on CD, to see if it works better. Which is the best way to convert GDI to CDI?

Also tried on Redream, game looks stunning in 1440p!! At that res you can see Espirral´s new texture for faces are pretty detailed, with even more realistic wrinkles on some characters! On Redream works almost perfect, except for the new dojo stage, in which there are severe slowdowns.

Anyway, keep up the great work!!! Thanks you guys for keeping the Dream alive!!

Hope my feedback can be useful!

Dirge Of Ram
Arabian Night

Post by Dirge Of Ram »

Slowdowns just the Card Reader keeping up with the loadings & game speed, just have to get numb to it. Use the GD Rom Explorer to extract the GDI files. Put all those files into the Lazyboot data folder then create up the dummy CDI on the fourth option.

Got over 24k Light & Shadows critics to take on. So having this one widely available for them to play be actually be great.

MrKaos
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Soon most

Post by MrKaos »

Thanks for this, going to patch the game and try to run it tomorrow.

pizzahotline
shadow

Post by pizzahotline »

Nice work. This is very cool. I look forward to seeing this in action!