The new proposed "VM2" from Chris at DreamMods.net

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

OatBob
MegaDeath

Re: The new proposed "VM2" from Chris at DreamMods.net

Post by OatBob »

fraggle200 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:58 am I've found mine to be a bit temperamental as well when I first got it.

Have you tried the firmware upgrade? mine wouldn't go into gui mode at all till I done that. I got this GUI https://www.dreammods.net/uploads/2/7/7 ... i_1430.zip then updated the GUI version internally and updated the VM2 fw and it all seemed to work after that.
I went through this same process yesterday.
  • New GUI from the site, then update to 1440.
  • Factory reset on VM2
  • FW update, it threw an error.
  • Reset GUI, and it reads
A bit clumsy, but it came around in the end.
shinjitsunayu.me/ - web content for DC.

fraggle200
Graffiti Grind

Post by fraggle200 »

mistamontiel wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:47 am https://www.bucanero.com.ar/dreamcast/

https://github.com/bucanero/dreamcast-saves

El Bucanero got the fattest compilation, now https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... =5&t=16328 I think added even further
Does anyone know if the saves in Bucaneros set has been split into JPN/USA/EUR groups at all?

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: pso, 4x4, max pool, planet ring, afo, chu chu.... all of them

Post by itsthinkingstill »

Hey guys thanks for the tips, sadly still no luck, might have to email chris, as since its in stream mode it wont let me factory reset nor upgrade the firmware so im kind of stuck, i went onto a second computer and did a fresh driver install and GUI to see if its a computer issue but same results sadly :/. If i find anything or hear back il post it here
Stream.JPG

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: pso, 4x4, max pool, planet ring, afo, chu chu.... all of them

Post by itsthinkingstill »

Okay small update, got it working! Emailed Chris and went through several things, was very helpful, in the end was i filming myself how the factory reset was not working, neither setting it to gui mode or not in gui mode would ever work, filmed it twice, then did a third time (same way i had been doing it for a week) and then it suddenly worked.

After resetting, the PC's could see it and allow a firmware update.

Hopefully this helps anyone in the future who have the same issues as me.

burnbackin
noob

Post by burnbackin »

I am at my wits end. I just cannot update the VM2's Firmware. I am trying to reset it, but I always get REset failed error. I tried it with 1.4.3.0 and with 1.4.6.0. No luck what so ever. Status is always in Sream-only modus. I tried in GUI mode and not GUI mode.

I am trying to source 1.4.0 as I read it worked there. But I can't find it. Is here anyone who could help and or share the 1.4.0 file? Much appreciated

Xiden
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All the DC games!!

Post by Xiden »

burnbackin wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:26 am I am at my wits end. I just cannot update the VM2's Firmware. I am trying to reset it, but I always get REset failed error. I tried it with 1.4.3.0 and with 1.4.6.0. No luck what so ever. Status is always in Sream-only modus. I tried in GUI mode and not GUI mode.

I am trying to source 1.4.0 as I read it worked there. But I can't find it. Is here anyone who could help and or share the 1.4.0 file? Much appreciated
Send an email to [email protected], he's pretty fast to respond and he can help diagnose what's going on.

Teddy Rogers
shadow

Post by Teddy Rogers »

burnbackin wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:26 am I am at my wits end. I just cannot update the VM2's Firmware. I am trying to reset it, but I always get REset failed error. I tried it with 1.4.3.0 and with 1.4.6.0. No luck what so ever. Status is always in Sream-only modus. I tried in GUI mode and not GUI mode.

Reads like a problem I had. Read this post a few others prior to it, maybe this will help resolve your problem...

viewtopic.php?p=184336#p184336

Ted.