What games would be a good fit to be ported to DC?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

BlazedRunner
undertow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy star online version 2

Re: What games would be a good fit to be ported to DC?

Post by BlazedRunner »

I would love to see some more RPG stuff ported over..that'd be noice!! Mainly diablo 2 but I don't know how that could if at all work anyways
:geek:

Dreamcast:PAL,Model 1,VGA Box

Twitch.tv/Blaz3dRunner

ZBen476
noob

Post by ZBen476 »

BlazedRunner wrote:I would love to see some more RPG stuff ported over..that'd be noice!! Mainly diablo 2 but I don't know how that could if at all work anyways
Good point. Some PC cRPGs and PS1 JRPGs ports would be great for the DC. But I don't know how possible that would be.

BlazedRunner
undertow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy star online version 2

Post by BlazedRunner »

That specific pc era mostly is what I am thinking..but yeah ps1 era j rpgs wouldn't be a bad thing..but I would rather play them on a ps3 tbh or something..ots will still be just better regardless.
:geek:

Dreamcast:PAL,Model 1,VGA Box

Twitch.tv/Blaz3dRunner

XC-3730C
lithium

Post by XC-3730C »

I would like to see AM2R ported over

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSOv2
Quake 3 Arena
Alien Front Online
Chu Chu Rocket
Ooga Booga
And more

Post by Nico0020 »

Dreamcastnews wrote:
trekts wrote:En-Eins Perfektewelt & Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code.

Prolly won't happen tho, but one can dream.
Wasn't Melty Blood rumoured to come to the DC just before Sega killed off GD production ...?
IIRC, it wasn't that it was rumored, but more so Dreamcast-Scene did a big snailmail campaign to get it ported.
There were quite a few of those back in the day. The one I really wanted to see was Senko no Ronde (which eventually got a western release on the 360 as "Wartech")

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post by Dreamcastnews »

Wartech, that was the space beat em up thingy wasn't it? I am sure I had that on 360 and couldn't get to grips with it haha
https://youtu.be/XcyBq8vZ3Yg <----- Dreamcast gameplay videos

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSOv2
Quake 3 Arena
Alien Front Online
Chu Chu Rocket
Ooga Booga
And more

Post by Nico0020 »

Its a a SHMUP fighter basically. It's an absolute blast to play once you get the mechanics down. But I do admit it takes a bit to wrap you head around the concept/gameplay.

thedemon1238
lithium
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake III Arena, Monaco, 4x4 Evo, Worms, Phantasy Star Online, Aliens Front Online, POD 2

Post by thedemon1238 »

I think what Dreamcast misses the most is a Dungeon Crawl RPG game. Like First Person ones. Almost every console has at least one.

https://www.dungeoncrawlers.org

runkthepunk
Doom
Dreamcast Games you play Online: I will happily play any once I get myself set-up with a decent internet connection!

Post by runkthepunk »

My top three games that i'd would have loved to see ported would be games that I had always hoped would be released when the machine was in its prime.

Aliens versus Predator
Blade Runner
Messiah

It has been a great year for Dreamcast so far (not much else though) so if someone fancies knocking these up before new year then feel free :D

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post by Anthony817 »

Chilly WIlly actually was supposed to look into porting AVP to DC. I think that game would SERIOUSLY be a good fit for the DC. Would fit well within the specs of it.

But he eventually left the DC community and that was years, and years and years ago by this point. You can actually see the thread here where I was super excited to have that game.

https://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 14&t=99489

Edi: Haha I see you actually posted in the thread too back in the day lol. :lol: